Friday 18 October 2013

Versatile Blogger Award!


Oh my!  I'm so honoured that the delectable Gemma Sapphire from Lady Sapphire Blog has nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award :-)

I've only been blogging for a little over a month, so to be nominated this early on in my career is really quite a thrill, and I'm so grateful to Gemma for including me in her list.

You can read all about the award here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/about/ - I'm sure inspired to keep blogging about the things I love in my beauty world :-)


One of the responsibilities of this award is to declare 7 perhaps hitherto unknown facts about myself, so here we go:

1) I'm a Sagittarian!  I was supposed to be a Capricorn, but I deliberately arrived 3 weeks early so I  wouldn't have to wait 12 months to spend  my first Christmas with my parents...

2) I'm not very tall - 5' 2" in fact (or 157.48 cm for all you young'uns). It's not surprising that once I realised I had stopped growing, I immediately adopted the motto "good things come in small packages"...

3) I'm left-handed - a natural south paw, but I use my knife & fork the same way as a right-hander (much less stressful for restaurant waiters)...

4) After leaving school, I launched myself into a somewhat short-lived career as an actress. But I wasn't very good though, so I learned how to type (just so I could eat)...

5) I was born with RED hair (much to my mother's dismay), which fell out when I was three months old. Bald till age two, it grew back platinum blonde, and corkscrew curly. This may or may not be related to fact #1 above...

6) At 20 years of age, I went on my first OS trip, and while I was there, somehow ended up learning how to water ski in the South China Sea (and swallowed half of it glub glub)...

7) My favourite city in the world is Venice. When first we met, she was so beautiful, all shrouded in fog and mystery and moved me to tears, and the second time around, glorious sunlight was dancing across her ancient buildings, bridges & canals. She has my heart :-)


Next I must nominate 15 bloggers for this same award, so here are some of my favourite blogs that most definitely qualify because of their exceptional content, variety and the delight they bring to me:


Oh and just for the record, here are the VBA rules:
  1. Thank the person who gave you this award. 
  2. Include a link to their blog.
  3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
  4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
  5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

Hope you found my 7 facts entertaining - can't wait to read some no doubt fascinating info about my fellow nominees :-)

Take care of you,
kats xxx

12 comments:

  1. I'm left handed too!!! haha I love number 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandy, us lefties have to stick together - we're in the minority!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award kat - one of the first of many, I'm sure.
    Oh, so many interesting facts! Bald until 2 years old? And then it growing back blonde - how fascinating! I can't imagine what your parents reactions would've been :)
    Thank you for nominating me as well - I'll have to try and think of some interesting and entertaining tidbits about myself now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Tulip - I don't think my Dad was affected, but my Mum was embarrassed about me being hairless. She used to dress me in bonnets all the time - people would ask "oh let me see her hair", and she had to say "she doesn't have any" :-( But it finally grew, and very thick, and is still so thick my hairdresser constantly has to thin it out - weird how these things work isn't it? Ha ha...

      Delete
  3. Hi Kat :)
    I loved reading your 7 facts :) I had no idea you were an actress! How interesting. And Venice sounds absolutely beautiful.
    You would of been the most adorable little girl with blonde hair. But I think you are the most beautiful lady with a head of vibrant red hair :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Gemma, and again I so appreciate you including me in this fun little exercise :-) I think we are all actors in daily life, we just don't necessarily get paid for it lol. I hope the experts can stop Venice sinking (it's built over a lagoon) - it's such a magical place with amazing architecture and art works, and the glassware they make is magnificent :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination :) so cool that you were an actress, were you in commercials?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Sarah :-) I was in one TV show, and worked as an extra in a few trashy soaps, but that was almost 40 years ago, and then I had to move into office work to stay alive ha ha...

      Delete
  5. This is all so lovely - firstly Gemma, who so deserves it, being nominated and then Gemma nominating so well, then this wonderfully interesting and informative blog and then the wonderful nominations from you Kats, special lady.

    It is all marvellous and so much fun. AND I was bald until I turned 2 as well!!!!!!!!!!!! Mothers aren't too good at responses to "Oh, what a dear little boy" when the child is wearing a DRESS.

    Can't believe I hadn't even heard the word, "blog" not all that long ago. Kats I really can see you as an actress but so pleased you ended up where you are, otherwise we wouldn't have your wonderful company.

    With love,
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Trish - who'd have thought we both started out as nude-nuts? Thanks so much for sharing this exceptionally personal information - I feel an even stronger bond with you now :-) You're the kindest sweetest lady, and I too am SO glad my foray into acting was a flop ha ha...

      Delete
  6. I had the biggest laugh (not at you, with you) reading this! Your humour really comes through and I loved getting to know you better, dearest Kattykins. :)

    Who'd have thunk you'd have been bald, and then developed platinum blonde hair! I'd love to see you with your natural hair colour one day, though I do adore your sexay red hair!

    I would love to go to Venice one day! The closest I came (in terms of water) was Amsterdam, and she was stunning.

    Thanks for nominating me too, I'll try my best to put this up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Nalini - I'm so happy you had a giggle hon, honestly it's all true! My natural hair colour - hmmm, nowadays it's totally white, so don't expect to see me without some colour for a while hon, I'm just not ready to look like an old lady yet lol :-) Amsterdam sounds lovely (have added her to my wishlist), and you and your blog totally deserve every award that's out there :-)

    ReplyDelete