Oh my! I'm so honoured that the delectable Gemma Sapphire from Lady Sapphire Blog has nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award :-)
I've only been blogging for a little over a month, so to be nominated this early on in my career is really quite a thrill, and I'm so grateful to Gemma for including me in her list.
You can read all about the award here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/about/ - I'm sure inspired to keep blogging about the things I love in my beauty world :-)
One of the responsibilities of this award is to declare 7 perhaps hitherto unknown facts about myself, so here we go:
1) I'm a Sagittarian! I was supposed to be a Capricorn, but I deliberately arrived 3 weeks early so I wouldn't have to wait 12 months to spend my first Christmas with my parents...
2) I'm not very tall - 5' 2" in fact (or 157.48 cm for all you young'uns). It's not surprising that once I realised I had stopped growing, I immediately adopted the motto "good things come in small packages"...
3) I'm left-handed - a natural south paw, but I use my knife & fork the same way as a right-hander (much less stressful for restaurant waiters)...
4) After leaving school, I launched myself into a somewhat short-lived career as an actress. But I wasn't very good though, so I learned how to type (just so I could eat)...
5) I was born with RED hair (much to my mother's dismay), which fell out when I was three months old. Bald till age two, it grew back platinum blonde, and corkscrew curly. This may or may not be related to fact #1 above...
6) At 20 years of age, I went on my first OS trip, and while I was there, somehow ended up learning how to water ski in the South China Sea (and swallowed half of it glub glub)...
7) My favourite city in the world is Venice. When first we met, she was so beautiful, all shrouded in fog and mystery and moved me to tears, and the second time around, glorious sunlight was dancing across her ancient buildings, bridges & canals. She has my heart :-)
Next I must nominate 15 bloggers for this same award, so here are some of my favourite blogs that most definitely qualify because of their exceptional content, variety and the delight they bring to me:
- Kate from Seducedbybeauty.com
- Scentsation from IndieAna: In Search of the HolyGrail
- Nalini from The Made Up Maiden
- Sandy from Eyes for Makeup
- Ina from Ina Beauty World
- Tulip Love from Kuwai Beauty Corner
- Jen from The Shopping Queen
- Miss Billi from Australian Beauty Review
- Sarah from More Than Adored
- Sarah from All Her Pretty Little Things
- Sarah from The Science of Beauty
- Tracey from mummytutto
- Kerri from Beauty & Things
- Coleen from The Makeup Bubble
- Amy from Bottled Beauty
Oh and just for the record, here are the VBA rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Hope you found my 7 facts entertaining - can't wait to read some no doubt fascinating info about my fellow nominees :-)
Take care of you,