Friday 20 December 2013

EOTD: Christmas Red, Green & Gold...

These days Christmas can be any colour or combination of colours of the rainbow and I'm all in favour of that - the more the merrier I say, though I admit to being somewhat of a traditionalist. Red, green and shimmery gold will always be my favourite Christmas hues, and the ones that never fail to jingle my bells :-)

So here's another look, similar to one included in my recent Party Peepers article over at beautyheaven, but  (I think) sufficiently different to warrant it's own post - besides it's heaps more sparkly!...




So here's the list of ingredients I used for this concoction...

I started with a red base of Darling Girl Cosmetics Pyramid of Skulls Watercolor Paint Pot
Over that I patted down red from DB Glam Clutch palette, topped with MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze
On the outer corners and under the lower lashes, I applied Fern from the SleekV2 Matte palette...


Of course I included all the usual suspects...
bhcosmetics black liquid liner for tightlining the top lid
MNY Master Precise Liquid Liner underneath the green shadow on the lower lashline
Essence white kajal on the waterline
MNY The Falsies waterproof mascara
And MUA matte beige on the hood...


I really like how the MAC glitter toned down the red to a more subtle hue, and overall I think this look is more wearable (so long as you're a colour-crazy gal like me lol) :-) 

Now that I'm on holidays (hooray!) I'm hoping to do some major catching up with my EOTD postings before we say a fond farewell to 2013, including the results of my experiments pairing apricot with three other colours, so stay tuned :-)

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. YEY!!! Holidays! I hope you enjoy your much deserved break hun xx
    I love your Christmas colours here...the red, green and gold look so lovely together :) I think they are the most traditional Christmas colours of all. The blending of the red to gold to green is so perfect too. Plus the addition of the glitter really complete the Christmas feel.
    I can't wait to see what other EOTD you come up with over your break! So exciting.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy do I need it Gemma - I'm still doing two jobs and I'm pretty much exhausted, think I'll spend a fair amount of my break sleeping lol, but I'll manage a few more EOTD's xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this Christmas look, hun. It would also make a gorgeous NYE look xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta IndieAna - yes I agree, sparkles and NYE go together!

      Delete