Friday 14 February 2014

EOTD: Pink, Purple, Blue & Aqua...

Well now after spending the first three days of this week playing around with the same eye shadow colour (and a relatively neutral one at that), I had this overwhelming desire to rock my world with some bold pigments, and here's what happened when I succumbed lol...


Not my wildest look by a long shot, but light years away from where I was on Tuesday. As a base I used one of my favorite gels - Face of Australia Budgeproof Gel Eyeliner in Pure Purple. This is such a gorgeous color and super sticky, so it's perfect for layering underneath either pressed or loose pigments as they adhere so well...


Over this went the pink, purple and blue from the bhcosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette (no I'm not being paid for all these ads lol)...


The aqua shade in the above pic went along the lower lashline, applied with a damp brush...


On the waterline I stroked on Mireness Face Gel in Aquamarine, possibly my favorite color to wear in this particular space, (closely followed by the deep blue Denim Jewel).  As you can see, my pot is exceptionally well loved and used :-) The sheen of these gels is particularly flattering here - somehow a matte waterline doesn't look right to me...



All up four different shades, and my colour cravings were temporarily satiated. I need to be more careful in future to not spend too long in neutral-land though - I managed to calm myself down reasonably quickly with this look, but the intensity of my colour addiction could quite easily have pushed me over the brink into the need for a full scale rainbow mid-week ha ha...

Do you ever find yourself craving something colourful?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  
Happy Valentine's Day!
to everyone who regards February 14th as significant, 
and is enjoying a loving and romantic day/night 
with someone who has a very special place in their hearts
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  

Take care of you, 
kats xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a stunning display of jewel tones! As for the FOA gel liners, I just bought the purple and it's lovely, but the black is atrocious as it takes forever to dry. Even if I have closed my eyes for five minutes, waiting for it to dry, it still hasn't set. It's not an issue on my lower lash line, but it doesn't work on my upper lash line as I have hooded eyes. I haven't yet tried to set it with eyeshadow, but I don't think I can be bothered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Petal - if I didn't press powder shadow over the top of the FOA liners, I'd toss them because they transfer to my hoods too. I have the blue one as well and it's the same, but I do love the vibrancy and uniqueness of the colours, and once set, they don't budge :-)

      Delete