Sunday 16 March 2014

EOTD: Sweet Kisses Mint Slice...

Ok so following on from my Models Prefer Sweet Kisses review, here is the first of quite a few EOTD's I've created using the shadows in this box. Not surprisingly, Mint Slice is my absolute favourite!...well so far anyway...


It's really quite a magnificent pigment, almost matte, but I pressed it on over the top of MNY Tattoo in Too Cool, and that's what gives it the slight sheen. Sure I have other minty greens in my kit, but this one has a tinge more blue in it - isn't it gorgeous?


I also added a touch of Maple Fudge on the outer corner - haven't tried this on it's own yet and am very much looking forward to making it a feature in the not so distant future as this particular blue is quite unique in my collection... 


What I think really made this look extra special was what I used on the waterline - an essence limited edition gel liner called BBC All Night Blue, an odd name because to me it's more green than blue. I'd forgotten all about it, and even when I was using it more regularly (maybe 12 months ago?), I don't think I'd ever tried it on my waterline. Holey guacemoley! This lasts brilliantly, almost the whole day, and being matte I was able to get a really dense coverage, and the colour couldn't have been a better match. I'm so excited to have rediscovered this beauty, and you can be sure I'll be giving it a work out far more often to make up for lost time lol...




Thank you again sweet Tulip - I love this shade so much that if Models Prefer released it on it's own or in another smaller palette, I'd stock up in a heartbeat 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

12 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Kats! Greens really do suit you so well :D
    The essence gel liner sounds amazing. I don't think I've seen any essence gel liners at my Priceline but I could be wrong. It really is more green than blue hehe.
    I can't wait to see what other creations you make using this tin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks darlin' :-) Come to think of it I haven't noticed the essence gels lately either - I used to have a black (excellent) and a purple one (not so good) but neither of them were any where near as dense, rich and long-lasting as this green one. Such a pity it was only available for a few months :-( More looks coming up hon xxx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful blend of shades! This is amazing, that liner on the waterline really pulls the look all together wonderfully :)

    I tip my hat to you, queen of eye shadow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you sweetie :-) I'm a total sucker when it comes to tealy greens and aquas, they always make me smile xxx

      Delete
  3. As always ... simply beautiful! I love the teal in the waterline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petal - can't believe that I'd forgotten all about this liner! Thank goodness I had the lid screwed on nice and tight :-)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Perfect for St. Patrick's Day today ;) I've heard mixed reviews about this palette but this creation makes it seem like a good buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah this was a total fluke - I'd completely forgotten about St. Pats! It's a mixed palette with quite a few duds, but there are a some colours that really shine, and the blushes are lovely :-)

      Delete
  5. Kat, you do green so well, oh hell, you do every colour well! I just love how this look really accentuates those captivating eyes of yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Indie, you sure know how to make a gal feel great xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh kats, mint slice is just stunning on you! And that blue-green essence liner is just the perfect touch :)
    I can't wait to see what you do with Maple Fudge xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tulip - ah yes, Maple Fudge. I did a trial run of it on the weekend but had no time to take pics, round 2 will probably be this Friday so I'm hoping to post the look shortly after that :-)

      Delete