Tuesday 22 April 2014

EOTD: Terracotta and Teal...

Here's another mix of warm and cool colours. Obviously some blends work better than others, but I'm finding that the orangey shades seem to lend themselves well to pairing with a cool hue (remember the apricot and grey one earlier this month?) So here we go with terracotta and teal...

I used MNY Color Tattoo in Fierce and Tangy as base - next time I'll use Pomegranate Punk or Bad to the Bronze. Although this turned out ok, I reckon the two shadows I applied over the top could have done with some deeper and pinkish support to match my top...


Over this (from inner to outer corner) I patted on the apricot from the MNY Bronze Hyperdiamonds palette, then terracotta from the DB Bold palette, and smoked the outer half with Urban Decay Zero...


I've done similar blends before but the difference this time was to add essence BBC All Night Blue (teal) on the waterline. On the lower lashline, I went over MNY Master Precise Liquid Liner with the bronze from the Hyperdiamonds palette...

And here's the whole terracotta-y face. Cheeks are Lacura Mineral Blush, lips are a combo of Rimmel 1000 Kisses liner in Wild Clover, Australis Colour Inject Limited Edition 2 (orange) & Lacura Mineral Lip Gloss (soft pink)...


The teal adds a nice bit of punch and stops the whole look being too bland (well in my eyes lol)...


Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. I like the mix of colours in this one Kat & it matches in so well with what you are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps Kellie my dear, it's a bit different hey :-)

      Delete
  2. Everything looks gorgeous Kats.....from your beautiful eyes, too your gorgeous lips to your beautiful gorgeous sweet self :D
    As always you've matched your outfit to your eye colours perfectly. The teal on your waterline looks really lovely too. You've inspired me to get out a bright blue liner today. I'm in the mood for some colour :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey darlin' would LOVE to see the blue liner on you :-) Thanks for the gorgeous comments hon - I'm blushing almost as much as in the pic lol...

      Delete