Sunday 8 June 2014

EOTD: Purple/Aqua or Aqua/Purple?

You may have gathered by now that I have a seemingly endless passion for PURPLE and AQUAMARINE eye shadows. I adore both of these colours individually, and love them even more when I put them together. In fact when I start an eye look with either one, it's almost impossible to resist adding the other into the mix. So today I thought I'd show you two looks I created last week using these fabulous shades, but placing the hues in different areas...


To bring out the intensity of the shadow I used, I started by applying Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple. Over that I pressed the pinky purple (marked below) from the Physicians Formula Fashionista palette (thanks again Flaming Beauty!) on the inner corner, and the deeper purple all over the rest of the lid and underneath. It looks darker on the outer corner and under the lower lashes because I blended it with MNY Master Precise Liquid liner before it dried...


On the waterline is Mirenesse Superlong Wear Gel Mineral Face Colour in Blue Moon - I've had this cream for years and it still works a treat, and doesn't irritate my eyes...



For this second look, I used the Mirenesse Blue Moon gel as a base all over the top lid, and pressed essence Metal Glam Jewel Up the Ocean onto the cream before it set, as well as taking it underneath the lower lash line. Because I wanted a particularly wine coloured purple as a feature, I added raspberry from the L.A.Colors Wildflowers palette over the outer half (red plus blue makes purple)...


In the crease, I applied the aqua teal shadow from the NYX Bohemian Chic Nude Matte Collection box - using mattes here prevents my shimmery shadows from transferring to my hoods. On the waterline, I blended essence white kajal with the same Mirenesse Blue Moon gel...



And here are the two looks for comparison...

Which one do you prefer gals? I'm happy with them both, but I'm kinda leaning towards the more purpley one...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kats, you super talented eye shadow lady! You always impress me with your creations :)
    My goodness both EOTD's are so beautiful. Aqua and purple really do go together so lovely. I'm like you and love both looks but the second creation is really appealing to me :D I just love the vibrancy of the aqua which frames that beautiful purple. The purple just pops out and says "HELLO, check me out!."
    Gorgeous gorgeous looks Kats. You're a shadow star!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sweetie pie sugarplum thanks doll - that aqua essence shadow really is the bomb, it's just so easy to work with and never EVER let's me down ♡

      Delete
  2. You don't make it easy for us fans of your work to choose, Kat. If I have to pick my fave, I'd say the 2nd look, it is stunning! The extra blue in this look just lifts your eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Indie, the aqua sure packs a punch, such terrific value for under $5 ♡

    ReplyDelete