Tuesday 30 December 2014

EOTD: Sleek Acid Yellow and Blue...

My last EOTD for the year, and the final in this series using the Sleek Acid palette. It wasn't meant to be a series, but I so fell for this box of colourful hues, and couldn't bear to not keep trying all the colours, and well, that's how it turned out. There's more up my sleeve of course, but I figured I'd better save something for 2015 lol...

So this was an interesting one. It was supposed to be yellow and blue, but it kind of turned out limey and blue - the yellow in this palette isn't as potent and workable as the other shades, and despite giving it a boost with the essence white kajal underneath, it was still a bit of a fizzer, especially in the blending department...


It has reasonably good pigmentation, but as soon as I started to blend it towards the blue, it went all patchy, and I had to keep packing it on - even then I gave up trying to even it out. But hey, one pan out of 12 that's a not quite as brilliant as the others is a pretty good statistic...


I used Ink from the Sleek V2 Matte palette in the crease, and Mirenesse Superlong Wear Gel Mineral Face Colour in Blue Moon on the waterline...


Here's the full face pic - I created this look in my last week of work, and I was SO exhausted, everything was a bit of a blur, and I can't for the life of me remember what I used on my cheeks and lips sigh...



Well it's almost New Year's Eve - if you're planning a big one, keep safe, and your loved ones close by your side 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks my dear Jasmine - not quite what I had in mind, was supposed to be a bit more summery with a sunny yellow, but I'll find a way to bring out the beauty in this pigment ♥

      Delete
  2. Totally, absolutely gorgeous kats.......brillant for the last EOTD FOR 2014. Look forward to following more with you during 2015.
    Happy New Year to you and all your family :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mandy girl, thanks for all your loving support this year - I'm hoping that 2015 is much kinder to you, especially health-wise, and no more freaky storms. Keep well and strong, much love to you and yours hon ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. Well, you're certainly ending the year with a bang posting yet another gorgeous look using the Sleek Acid palette. Happy New Year, my darling friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my gorgeous Indie, my angel - keep well and happy in 2015, you are so very precious to me ♥

      Delete
  4. Disappointing result with the yellow, but like you said, one out of 12 is a pretty good statistic. I use yellow shadow a lot, I'd be lost without a decent yellow, but like me, you've no doubt got a stock of other yellows.
    You've brought some different looks to 2014, here's to a colourful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I haven't given up yet neurotic - will try again using a more tacky base next time. My bhcosmetics yellow is pretty good, but the best one in my kit is by Sugarpill ♡ And I'm certainly with you on the colourful 2015 - wouldn't want it any other way xxx

      Delete