Saturday 17 January 2015

REVIEW:Chi Chi Candy Apple EDP...

Another of the Chi Chi "Meet the Girls" collection - this was a BIG surprise for me! With a name like Candy Apple, I was expecting something super sweet, and that probably smelt like toffee apples - but this turned out to be something quite different...


When I was a nipper, I used to love fruit-flavoured hard lollies - this smells exactly like what one particular RED lolly tasted like, if that makes any sense. Of course we're talking a long, long time ago here (over 50 years), so far back in time that I can't remember the name of the lolly. But taste and smell are linked, and it's no surprise that a fragrance can evoke a memory buried deep in the past, however the fact that the candy flavour it matches from my childhood is sour cherry IS a surprise! Can't tell who got it wrong (probably me!), but there you go - that's what it reminds me of. Incidentally the cherry flavoured sweet was my favourite of them all, so perhaps that's why I love this fragrance, but it sure doesn't smell like apples to me lol...

According to the blurb, it contains notes of Green Apple, Sweet Pear and Cinnamon - can pick up a trace of the cinnamon, but as for the rest, I'm puzzled, and I can't find a single review of this fragrance on the web, so I don't know if it's just me, or my sense of smell is gone into overload with all the new perfumes I've bought lately. Anyway, I sprayed this on last night before retiring, and I could still smell a faint tinge of it when I woke up 6 hours later - pretty impressive longevity hey? Plus I'm bonkers about the vivid emerald green bottle - so fresh and cheerful...

So there it is - from my nose's point of view, nothing all that appley about this perfume, but it's quite distinctive and delish, definitely candy-like, and I might even buy the regular-sized bottle because of the fun memories it brings back for me 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting and i would love to give a go but im not sure that it would be one that i would buy....who would even think of making a perfume without citrus in it for goodness sake?...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Fawn, well I reckon I know what ingredient you'd like - let's see, let me guess, would it be...orange by any chance?

      Delete
  2. I love cinnamon so I'll have to have a smell of this one. Loving your reviews for all of these - really thinking I should just go get the set so I can 'play along at home' :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hon, playing along is such a cute idea, hope you do! Honestly I'm staggered that there's so few reviews of these fragrances out there - glad you're enjoying the series though, I'm having lots of fun believe me ♥

      Delete