Monday 29 June 2015

CONFESSIONS: of a Body Washaholic (Part 11) - MOR...

Hard to go past MOR when it comes to hand and body washes. I treated myself to the Marshmallow one last Christmas and loved it, and as these were half price at the recent Myer Clearance Sale, there was not a chance of me letting them slip by without swelling the ranks of my ever-growing collection The formula is thick and concentrated, non-drying, the containers and pumps are sturdy, and the bottles are ever so pretty and classy to look at...


(If you're wondering about the back-lit photo, this was the only way I could capture them all lined up together, and still have the labels readable)...

Black Currant Iris


I've been buying this particular variety (and the Body Butter) for my Mum for years - her bathroom has blue accents, so that was my initial motivation, however she is so enraptured with the fragrance, the colour scheme match is no longer relevant, merely a bonus. A magnificent blend of Black Currant, Iris, and more than a touch of Rose, in fact I think the rose is the most dominant. There's a teeny weeny bit of zingy crispness as well which stops it from being too flowery - just gorgeous, verging on sensuous, perfect for Autumn/Winter, and I'm seriously thinking of keeping this one for myself (forgive me Mum!) 

Neroli Clementine

I have to admit I have no idea what Neroli or Clementine smell like, but what comes through is a unique and delicate scent of candied orange peel - you know the kind used in cakes. A clever balance of both sweet and mellowed citrus, there's also some Yuzu in the mix. I first discovered this delightful fragrance via the hand cream in the range - light and refreshing and a snippet away from being mouth watering, this is lovely all year round, but I'm stashing it away for hot Summer days when I crave a more fruity shower experience...

Basil & Grape


I actually bought two bottles of this Basil & Grape - the first because it was such an unusual but stunning scent when I sniffed it in the store (I'm one of those pesky customers that always takes the lid off things, but I always make sure I put everything firmly back together), and after washing my hands with it, I went back the next day to buy another. Love it! Found out later it also contains Violet, which probably explains why it captured my heart. Altogether the combo of fruit, herb & flower is quite magical - this is another I'll put away for the warmer weather, although I already have one bottle on the vanity because it makes my hands feel and smell so fresh and clean...

Sugar Rose Tiger Lily


How exquisite is this pink! I actually love the colour of this one more than the fragrance itself. It's predominantly rose (and a very pretty one at that), but there's a sour tang of something else that my nose (initially) couldn't identify, but I bought it anyway because I'm a total sucker for pink. At first I thought it was the Tiger Lily component, but then I wondered if it was just my expectation getting in the way - with a name like Sugar Rose I was anticipating something far sweeter. Being the curious Kat that I am, I went to their website and discovered that the recipe includes some "ripe Tropical Fruits" - hmmm I think the problem for me is that the fruit is a tad over-ripe. Anyways, it's unusual that's for sure, just not my favourite, but it certainly won't go wasted...

All these MOR hand and body washes contain tomato extract (cooling), peppermint and honey. The pump dispenses quite a modest amount with one press, but it's the perfect quantity for washing hands - for the shower I use about 10 squirts. Not a whole heap of bubbles, but I actually prefer less suds. All the liquids are clear and poured into divinely hued 350ml bottles, and none of them are tested on animals. RRP is $19.95.

Take care of  you,
kats xxx

P.S. I've just added this post to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness #12 Link Up Party - you won't be disappointed if you drop by and have a read of some of the wonderful contributions 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, I absolutely love the backlit photo of the hand and body washes. These products look so gorgeous!

    I'm the same in store, I take the lids off to have a good sniff of the scents. Unfortunately I'm then there for ages trying to work out which one to buy! I should follow your lead and buy them all whilst there's such a good sale on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hon, thanks for your fab feedback - gosh I appreciate it ♥ And I'm so glad to read that I'm not the only sniff-tester out there lol xxx

      Delete
  2. Apologies for the late read! I LOVE reading your posts, I can almost hear you talking excitedly about what your reviewing, I love it! These all sound beautiful, its so nice to hear about violet scents, it always reminds me of my Nanna. She wore a Yardly violet powder and perfume for years and each time I smell that scent, my Nanna is with me again :) You've converted me to Mor, I bought a little marshmallow roller ball perfume and a passionfruit soap and boy are they gorgeous! I'll be sticking my nose into Mor when I'm next at Myer! Beautiful review, as always xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there gorgeous - no need for an apology EVER hon, besides I'm one of the worst offenders I know as far as catching up with even my favourite bloggers ♥ Thanks for letting me know about your Nanna - don't you just love how scents can bring memories (and love) back in a flash. And I'm chuffed you like the MOR marshmallow perfume - fragrance is just SO personal, it's not often I find someone that likes the same thing as me (IndieAna is another perfume partner-in-crime ha ha) ♥♥♥

      Delete
    2. Hehe :)) its beautiful- I find it has a slight musky scent and that is my bisniss!! Couldnt agree more about scents...music too...both lovely reminders of places and people :) xo

      Delete
  3. You have done a great job to capture them all with the back lighting. I know how difficult some products can be to photogragh! Can be such a tricky task sometimes!!! The packaging always gets me too with MOR, they always look super fancy and that pink bottle, omg so cute!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling Candy ♥ Yes us bloggers often do have camera dilemmas hey - I'm lucky these bottles are semi-transparent, took about 50 shots before my brain registered that it wasn't going to work with my usual techniques lol...

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the gorgeous colours of these MOR body washes, just so pretty! My faves would be Black Currant Iris and Neroli Clementine based on the my fragrance preferences. Love your back-lit photo, it's quite arty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Di - thanks for your "arty" description, love it hon! I try and photograph things as they truly are, but it just wasn't happening with these gold labels ♥

      Delete
  5. Great review, and I love your pics! Keep an eye out on their website Kat, I picked up the 500ml litchi body wash in April for $10 and shipping was only $5 for purchases over a certain amount. I adore Mor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks for the tip hon - I never thought to look there for specials!

      Delete