Friday 17 July 2015

EOTD: Mermaids Vs Unicorns Berry & Eggplant...

Well I'm sure having a ball with my Makeup Revolution Mermaids Vs Unicorns palette! And loving pinky reds and purples as I do, this particular combo just had to be next. These hues are stunners for any season, but particularly lush and lustworthy for the cooler months - just looking at the colours makes my mouth water, and I can almost taste ripe blackberries, plump red currants and juicy raspberries 



As you know I often use coloured gels or creams as my bases to bring out the best in my shadows, and I did that here to add some extra warmth, not that they needed much help - these pigments are potent enough to lay down over white, but I'm saving that lighter, fresher more vivid kind of look for Spring. Under the red I used pink Chi Chi Waterproof Gel Eye Liner (Hopelessly Devoted) and under the purple went Beauty School Drop Out from the same range, as well as on my waterline...


In this photo I'm wearing my latest makeup discovery - Mirenesse Liquid Silk. It's a brilliant long-wear, non-transfer, almost-matte, full-coverage foundation, perfect for my combination skin as it doesn't need blotting, and although it only comes in 4 shades, I'm most fortunate that Vienna matches my skin tone perfectly It also just happened to be on special (half price - $29.75)) On the cheeks went bhcosmetics Iris, and lips were made berry-licious with MBA Cosmetics Fire Island Petite Lipstick with a slick of Mirenesse Velvet Lip Lift Moisture Shine #19...



Hope you're keeping warm and toasty away from the freezing winds, or enjoying some brilliant runs in the your ski-clobber 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Stunning!!!!!!!! Also, I love your blouse, earrings and lipstick!! So...stunning,in summary! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetheart, your comments are just the best - so cheerful and positive, thank you so much for your seemingly endless support ♥

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I predict these two will hit pan first. This is a winning combo, I love this look! The Mirenesse foundation is also PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear neurotic - thanks for brightening my day sugar ♥ I reckon you're right - these are such awesome colours there'll be just shiny metal in their place in a few months ha ha!

      Delete