Friday 16 October 2015

EOTD: MBA Cosmetics Copper & Rumors...

Hard to believe, but amongst the considerable array of eye shadows in my collection, I don't have a coral. Kinda odd when you think about just how many palettes and pans there are out there, and yet to this day I haven't come across one in my travels. It's a colour I wear frequently - clothes, cheeks, lips, and thanks to Bloggers United AU, I now even have a coral mascara, but no coral eye shadow. Weird huh? I'll keep searching of course, but meanwhile, I have to manufacture one out of the pinks and oranges I already have, and the best result so far have come from blending two gorgeous shadows from MBA Cosmetics - Copper and Rumors...


They're from the Silk FX Pressed Shadow range - buttery, shimmery, magnificently pigmented, and they blend beautifully to make this (seemingly) elusive hue..


My base was essence white kajal, and all I did was press layers of each over the top - I wanted a more pinky coral, so I started and finished with Rumors, and kept blending till the shade was just right. Waterline got the Chi Chi Caribbean Queen Waterproof Eye Liner Gel treatment, and the crease and outer corner scored Sleek Noir...


My foundation was Mirenesse Liquid Silk, cheeks were Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Coral Sheen, and I added a dusting of the middle pan from the BYS Endless Summer Blush Trio. Lips were Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade In With Coral, and then topped that with Mirenesse Lust Me 3D Forever Gloss...


Do you ever mix and match your pigments to make the colour you're after?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Oh, coral is perfect on your lids. You created such a beautiful shade, clever lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart - as they say, necessity is the mother of invention lol! LOVE making new colours, but I'd give my eye teeth for a ready-made coral pan ♥

      Delete
  2. Glowing!!! Yes, definitely love mixing pigments and shadows!! Been doing this with coppery, rusty shades from MBA- love the results you've achieved!! Seriously, you are so talented and just glowing in the full face shot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling lady - you're such a honey pot, sugar plum sweetie ♥ Sigh...we have so much in common, it's obvious we were separated at birth ha ha. Loving the orangey hues I saw on your Instagram post - imagine what we could create if we combined our makeup resources! xxx

      Delete
  3. I rarely blend, but this looks great! I thought you'd have a coral blush somewhere? I know you've used an MNY Color Drama pencil as an eyeshadow base before, you know how to think outside the box. Great eye & lip match Kat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear! Oh yes I have quite a few coral blushes, but they're actually not all that pigmented - the Sleek ones are good, but still not quite the right shade I was after. But I'd forgotten about using the lip pencil as a base - will give that a shot next time, thanks for the reminder ♥

      Delete