Sunday 29 November 2015

REVIEW: Mirenesse Lip Bombs - Best in Beauty 2015...

The first of MANY reviews I'll be churning out starring the amazing goodies I received in my beautyheaven Best in Beauty 2015 prize pack Mirenesse Lip Bombs have been around since 2012, well at least that's when I first discovered them. At the time they were quite innovative, and of course lots of cosmetic companies have since released similar types of lip lacquers, but none have a formula quite like these babies...


My prize pack contained #24, and it was a very welcome addition to my collection, which you can see above. The formula is thick and super rich, very moisturising, and in the case of the deeper shades, leaves a welcome stain when the gloss wears off, which is usually after 2 or 3 hours, longer if you don't consume anything. For the scent sensitive, they do have a bit of an oil-like smell (probably due to the Botanical Oils & Vitamin E content) and a slight taste (supposed to be mint but I can never pick that up), but in both cases, it's very faint ...



Apart from the deliciously dense creaminess, the moisturising power, and the intensity of the pigmentation, the applicator is my absolute favourite of all time. It's a firm but flexible dumb-bell shape, very gentle on the lips, and by adjusting the angle, I find it super easy to create a crisp outline, and filling in is a breeze. I'm very particular when it comes to applicators, in fact I won't buy a gloss or lacquer if the tip is small. I can't bear ones that don't pick up much product - to me it's stingy and time-consuming. I enjoy lavishing lots of gloss onto my pucker, and this little furry tip delivers the goods like no other...


Mirenesse Lip Bombs are all numbered, so here we go with the swatches - I've included direct links to the bombs on their website so you can compare their online colours with mine...

#2
Very dark in the tube, but bright and sassy on the lips. Gorgeous GORGEOUS glossy orange-red ...


This one arrived just the other day in my VIP pack - love the vividness of the blue-pink, right up my alley in fact ...


Love this one too - a little less blue content than #3, and an exceptionally versatile bold and smile-inducing pink ...


This one has a wee bit of orange content, so it's almost a coral - very flattering for my particular colouring ...


Don't like this one at all - way too pale for me. I reckon it would suit maybe...Pamela Anderson? - having revisited this, I've binned it...


This is a lovely nude, but once again it's too pale for me - the contrast with my bright red hair is just to stark, and I look like I've rushed out the door without finishing my makeup. Gone the way of #8...


Adore this one - beautiful peachy hue that has a slight gold shimmer (the only one of my nine with a reflect). Suits my skin tone to a T ...


Whoa! No I didn't choose this one - it came in another VIP pack. I haven't actually worn this outside the house, but I'll work up the courage next winter lol - fabulous deep deep berry hue...


And the one that I received as part of my prize - beautyheaven couldn't have chosen a better shade for this little black duck (thank you so much!). It's bright but subtle, exceptionally pretty shade, and a definite favourite ...


The packaging is cute and fun, and I have only one complaint - the clear pointy lid has separated from the cap of four of my nine lip bombs. I glued three of them back on, but as you can see in the main picture above, it makes the whole thing look pretty crappy, and I even used clear glue. So I left the fourth one as is (below) - this minor defect doesn't affect the contents, just doesn't look quite as swanky...

In case you're not familiar with the Mirenesse brand, here's there deal. They're pretty much an online-only company, and in my opinion, the RRP of their products is outrageous. HOWEVER, if you become a VIP member, everything is half price every day, and shipping is free. VIP membership costs $25 per month, and for that you receive a pack every second month containing a surprise selection of  makeup and skincare items worth at least $50 (and usually full-sized) - you fill out a personal profile on their website, so the products you receive in the packs are suited to your colouring and skin type. It's actually a terrific way to try their products, and every month, I receive a $25 coupon to spend on any orders  I've been a member for 5 years, and the majority of what they produce (and what I've received) is brilliant - like all companies they have their misses, but the quality is exceptionally high. They use natural ingredients, and are certified Cruelty Free.

Lip Bombs are $39, but if you're a VIP member, they're $19.50 - there are 32 colours to choose from!

Have you ever tried any Mirenesse products? They're often available free with magazines, especially their lip plumping glosses, which are also excellent and highly recommended...

Take care of you,
kats

P.S. It's time for another of Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party - be sure to pay her website a visit from 6:30am 

14 comments:

  1. I don't like this VIP system. I don't want to subscribe to get a 2 monthly surprise pack and I feel like I'd be paying way too much to try one lipgloss for $39 when others are getting it for half price. Having said that they do look like lovely products and I love #24 on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for everyone Ingrid, and I can assure you if I wasn't a member, there's no way I'd pay $39! xxx

      Delete
  2. I adore the lip bombs, my first liquid lipstick love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Indie - I remember when they first came out and I thought wow, this is different! ♡♡♡

      Delete
  3. Lovely swatches, Kat! But I expected nothing less from you, doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet you are TP - these bombs lay down so effortlessly with their nifty applicator xxx

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful colors! Found your blog in the Monday Makeup Madness link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty hey Cara - nice to meet you hon xxx

      Delete
  5. #23 is stunning! Please find the courage to flaunt it wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol hon, yeah by autumn/winter next year, I reckon I will have tossed aside any remaining fear - it's a real beauty ♥

      Delete
  6. A shame about the packaging design fail, but a lot of pretty shades here! Loving 24, 17, 4 and 3 in particular :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely choices Di ♥ And if I'd paid $39 for any of them, I'd be really pi$$ed off with the lid separating thingy, but most of them have come to me kinda free so I'm not sweating it xxx

      Delete
  7. Congrats again on your BIB prize Kats! Such gorgeous shades of pinks in these lip bombs. It's a hard choice but #4 is my fave ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my love - the pinks sure a pretty, it's amazing that there's 32 colours in the range hey ♥♥♥

      Delete