Sunday 10 January 2016

REVIEW: Bvlgari Omnia Indian Garnet EDT...

High time I caught up with my backlog of perfume reviews, and I'm starting this with gem - Bvlgari Omnia Indian Garnet. I've not owned a Bvlgari fragrance before, purely because none of the ones I've tried have ever really appealed, although I've always been blown away by the stunning packaging. I admit I was drawn to this by the sunny hue, and bought it online and untested (whoa!) from a Priceline half-price sale- most unusual for me, especially as the last orangey perfume I bought under the same circumstances I gave away as it smelt like rotting fruit on my skin - boo! But I rarely let disappointments put me off, and I'm so glad I took a chance with this darling...


It's only an eau de toilette, and while I would prefer a bolder version (EDP please!), it has just enough oomph for what I'm after - something I can wear to work in the cooler months, something different, something that doesn't invade the surrounding space, and something that I've never smelled on any other gal  Doesn't last more than two or three hours on my skin, but while it's there, it is indeed a treasure. It's classed as a woody floral, which is also interesting as it's not a family I normally go for - I'm an oriental (autumn/winter) or fruity floral (spring/summer) fan. 

Having said that the initial spritz is fresh, sweet and heavy on the floral (tick!) - top notes are supposed to be mandarin and saffron, but my nose can barely detect either. After a few minutes, its true beauty starts to emerge as it softens, and the petals gently float down to stir up the wood, bringing an air of warmth and comfort (another tick!). Middle notes are osmanthus flower & indian tuberose, and the heart is indian woods and amber. (Just for the record, anything with an amber base will always stir my senses )


Some reviewers say it smells like soap - I kinda get what they mean because it does have a "just stepped out of the shower" quality, but they're obviously missing the delicate intricacies that I perceive. Best suited to those folk who appreciate subtlety and soft creamy florals, my one word description would be "alluring" 

Do you have any Bvlgari Omnia fragrances in your collection? 

Take care of  you,
kats xxx

P.S. Yay! Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party is re-launching tomorrow at 6:30am!

14 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely and what a unique bottle! I don't have any fragrances by Bvlgari. Love your descriptive review, Kat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hon - isn't the bottle amazing, all the Omnia range are the same, just different colours ♡♡♡

      Delete
  2. sounds like a lovely fragrance. Great review! very unique bottle beyoutyfulyou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely Louise - soft and feminine. Thanks for stopping by hon x

      Delete
  3. Stunning picture, as always, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TP - I had lots of fun with this, actually I have lots of fun taking pics in general. It's time consuming, but very rewarding ♡♡♡

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, this fragrance sounds lovely. I definitely want to at least have a sniff xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next one for me to try will be the Coral one - haven't been able to find a tester yet. ..

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful, balanced review! I'm now planning on going in-store to spritz this fragrance! I love the stunning bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou dear Ingrid. It sure helps me to have a target in the perfumery - there's way too many to choose from hey ♡♡♡

      Delete
  6. This fragrance sounds really interesting! I'll have to keep my eye out for it. I love fragrances that are different and not too "perfumy" or musky. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can find it hon - I reckon there's no musk in this at all, it's just a really pretty fresh and clean smell ♥

      Delete
  7. Okay first your photos are amazing - loooove the orange accessories! I also love the sound of this, might have to go have a sniff in store! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jas - truly the bottle is just so photogenic! So many lovely perfumes out there to try let alone buy, I can't keep up with them ♥♥♥

      Delete