Friday 12 February 2016

EOTD: Yellow, Black and...Purple!...

Wow how scary is it that February is almost half over? I'm way behind with my EOTD posts, in fact this is my first for the month, so I'm not going to waste any time blabbing, except to say that this was yet another experiment that didn't turn out quite as I'd planned lol...


Can you guess this was to match a black and yellow outfit? Actually I don't have very many yellows in my kit - they're mainly on the golden or orangey side of the fence, but I do have this sunny pineapple shade in the bhcosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette. It's a matte so I used the slightly shimmery Chi Chi Midas Touch Waterproof Gel Eyeliner as the base, and Eye of Horus Smokey Black Goddess Pencil underneath the matte black. When it came to the waterline, I immediately reached for the EOH black liner again, but then thought that choice was a bit ho-hum because that's what I ALWAYS do, so instead I took a chance on the Amethyst Jewel one. Hmmm - not sure that purple was the best option here, but I ran out of time to do anything about it, so purple waterline it was ha ha...


As you can see, after two weeks, my hair is still smooth and straight, and I'm STILL tripping that I don't have any frizz! For my face I applied Mirenesse Liquid Silk Foundation, and cheeks were Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Make a Mauve, with a sweep of Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten in Berry...


Lips were one of my favourite plummy lippies, DB Cosmetics Longwear in Perfect Plum...


And here's a new little feature - I've started taking a quick and dirty pic of the jewellery of the day (JOTD), on a back drop of the top half of my outfit. These photos seem to be popular on my Instagram page, so I'll include them here in case anyone's interested 



Hope you're having a brilliant summer lovelies, and if you're on the other side of the world, that you're keeping warm 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Love that lippy. I love the jewellery pics too! (Of course you own the new mesh bracelets!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I foud a shop that was selling the mesh ones for $5 so I bought just about every colour!

      Delete
  2. Oh I like that cocktail ring in the top left hand corner of your JOTD piccy Kats! The purple liner on your waterline doesn't look too bad actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Shell thanks hon - it was tolerable from a distance and behind my specs!

      Delete
  3. I am loving yellow at the moment, and Kats you pull it off so well! I so often admire how put together you always look, I don't know how you do it, wonder woman i say!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique honey thanks for your lovely feedback. I have only 2 items of yellow clothing in my wardrobe at the mo, which is 2 more than at any time in the rest of my life! Funny how I've waited this long to discover it xxx

      Delete