Saturday 10 December 2016

SPOTLIGHT: 3rd Quarter 2016 Fave LOTD's, Oranges...

And finally, the last in this series, the sunny Oranges. Only six, and that's because I find orange the most challenging as far as hunting down a formula that doesn't turn out all streaky when it hits my lips, but they are available if you're as determined as I am lol. I've often commented on this little idiosyncracy, and I'm still in the dark as to why it happens, and even whether it only happens to me - I'm guessing it's an ingredient. But it's a colour I truly adore and wear quite frequently all year round, so below are the current favourites in my kit that are comfortable, vibrant, and 100% streak free ...


The newest in my kit, this Ulta3 cream is part of a new range - not too drying for a longwear matte, it lasts well, and there's a matching lip liner available in the same shade. Oh how I wish all companies did this! The MNY Craving Coral isn't quite as moist as I'd like, but after all it's a matte, and that issue's sorted by adding a smidgin of gloss over the top - it's a beauty as far as longevity goes ...



The MNY Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks remain my ultimate formula comfort-wise, although they're not matte unless you blot them after applying. I reviewed the whole set HERE, and this Orange Shot gets a regular workout. As far as gloss is concerned, the NYX Intense Butter is numero uno for the intensity of the moisture boost, and this Orangesicle is just the prettiest hue for Summer ...



I love all the lippies on this page, but this is the one that has the edge. Good old L'Oreal - Always Apricot is softly subtle without compromising the fun of orange, and it keeps my lips supple and moist all day. This range is stunningly packaged too. I've included the DJ's one again (one of the First Quarter faves) because not only do I love it to bits, it's a shade that gals could try if they're a bit nervous about oranges, but don't want to take the plunge into anything too definite ...

That's all for now - will put together some posts of my final quarter loves and absolute 2016 faves starting early January. Till then lovelies, here's hoping the lead up to Christmas isn't too hectic for you...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they all look stunning on you, Kat! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie sweetheart, thanks so much - I'm just so relieved to find some that don't look all blotchy and lumpy lol ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Orange, for me the most beautiful color of lipstick but the most challenging color ever at the same time. These lipsticks look stunning on you as always. I think I loved the Orangesicle from NYX the most. :)

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle - the NYX Butter Glosses are fabulous, SO hydrating, and of course as soon as I spotted the Orangesicle, I had to have it now didn't I xxx

      Delete