Monday 23 April 2018

REVIEW: MAC Bold & Bad Lash Mascara - Glosscar Winner!...

Another of the gems that came my way at the recent Beautyheaven Glosscar Awards Marketplace Member Event. This MAC Bold & Bad Lash Mascara is a stunner in all departments - from the outrageously fabulous packaging to the two lash-lushing formulas in the dual-brush compartments...


Oh how gorgeous it is from the get-go! The main fat silver tube is covered in embossed graffiti made of a velour material - so funky, and to touch it is to love it lol  There are two tubes with two different brushes and two different types of mascara. Unscrewing the black section reveals a solid stem with a generous and tapered brush - the product is the blackest black and designed to lengthen and bulk up the top lashes. I didn't find it did much for my length, but it coats effortlessly and sure makes my spindly lashes stand out without any hint of clumping - the brush separates the lashes brilliantly...


Under the red cap is a teeny weeny wand - honestly, the smallest and finest mascara brush I've ever seen, and it coats every lower lash you possess, even the invisible ones you didn't know you had ♥ The formula is different in that it is smudgeproof (bonus!) and for someone who blinks constantly, I'm very happy to report that it passed the kats under-eye-smudge-smear-flake test with flying colours...


I apply two coats from the red on the lower lashes and one coat of the black on the top. I then curl the top lashes and apply another coat of the black, and finish with a topcoat of smudgeproof - all set for the day, and yet it comes off with micellar water...

It's no wonder that it has, in fact, won a beautyheaven Glosscar Award 2018 for the best new mascara!


Thanks beautyheaven, and congratulations to MAC on this innovative mascara in a way WAY over-saturated market - a bold breath of fresh air! RRP is $42 - double what I usually spend, but if it's ever on special, I'm in ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Im always on a strict budget when it comes to beauty product spending so I had never owned a MAC product until a darling friend of mine gave me a small eye shadow palette and some MAC lipsticks. The Lipsticks are awesome. Id love to try their mascara. I seem to have a load of unopened Mascaras of various brands mind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have a drawer with 6 or 7 mascaras I haven't tried yet that came my way as gwp's or in boxed kits - I'm almost always disappointed, so there they sit lol! The MAC products are excellent quality Fawn, but they sure do come with a hefty price tag ♥

      Delete
  2. Kats, thanks for your great review of this mascara! I will be placing it on my list of products to buy. I smiled when I read in your review: "...if it's ever on special". The only time I've seen MAC products on sale are when Myer have 10% off beauty products; which is only several times a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Petal - I know they don't have sales, but a gal can dream right? Hope you love it if you do pick it up hon. And thanks so much for all the comments you've been leaving ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. This is different! It sounds great, but I'm baulking at the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a beauty, but boy they know how to charge lol! xxx

      Delete