Thursday 4 October 2018

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite August 2018 LOTD's...

Another round of LOTD's, and a pretty good spread of hues and finishes. I always use a matching lip liner wherever possible as my lips are freckled and it helps with the coverage. There are 120+ liners in my collection, but STILL, there are times when I can't find a perfect match - in that case, I choose one that's as close as possible, but lighter so there's no harsh line around the outside. I also reverse outline my lips with a concealer crayon (usually NYX Wonder Pencil in Light), which is how I get a crisp outline for the piccies, and that combined with a cotton bud is what I use for my cleanups ...


I've been pretty good of late, tossing out anything from the box that smells even vaguely stale, applies streakily, or isn't sufficiently comfortable to warrant keeping - so hard to let go though lol!...



1. How pretty is this Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Romance Mauve - it's one of the few nudey pinks that I can wear and feel comfortable wearing - normally pale + me don't go together, but I'm prepared to make an exception with this beauty ...
2. And if you're after a mushroomy taupe kind of shade, I can highly recommend this Australis Colour Inject Moisturising Mineral Lipstick in Miss Manhattan - lovely creamy formula, soft and elegant colour ...
3. With a name like Russet, I was expecting this Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance Lipstick to have more red content, but I'm not complaining at all - actually I adore this gorgeous orange and the fact that the formula is so lip-loving and doesn't go on all streaky ...




4. Not much difference between the previous one and this Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance Lipstick in Pecan - another delightful orange, but with a tad more yellow (which I'm always looking for) so very happy with this ...
5. Ahh, my beloved Bourjois! This Brownette from the Rouge Velvet Lipstick range - SO hard to find a brown that doesn't have heaps of red in it, so this is a firm fave, and the formula is a winner ...
6. Good old W7 Liptember Lipsticks - this is Devils Darling and rivals so many of my super expensive (by comparison) reds. I have quite a few of this particular one but buy a new one (and several of the other shades) every year anyway 'cos it's such a good cause, and for $4.95, what does it matter to have doubles or triples ...




7. One of the best red glosses around, this is Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer in the shade Classic. One of my newest additions, and so glad I indulged because it's just so darn fabulous. I'll quite possibly be buying more from this range ha ha ...
8. Another of my recent bargain buys from the Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance collection - Chestnut. Such a divine colour for Autumn/Winter, so warm and rich and toasty ...
9. This is one of those rare mattes that doesn't shrivel my lips into sun-dried raisins - Maybelline Colorsensational Matte - Divine Wine ...




10. You'll be seeing this one over and over again - it's my favourite from the Bourjois Rouge Edition range - Violine Strass.  This is everything I want in a lipstick ...
11. Another regular on these pages, NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Spice Cake. Very VERY similar colour to the previous one (you can probably guess this is one of my favourite shades) but a wee bit more blue content, and of course, pure gloss. Pure bliss ...
12. This one is from a LipMonthly bag, IBY Beauty High Intensity Lipstick in Mardi Gras. Same colour family but lighter and brighter, nice formula ...




13. Another W7 Liptember beauty - Neon Purple. Can't believe these moist and creamy lipsticks are under $5 ...
14. I look at this NYX High Voltage Lipstick (Twisted) and wonder who on earth would discontinue this stunner?!? ...
15. Lucky last is L'Oreal Color Rich Balmain Lipstick in Freedom. It's only here because of the magical colour. The lipstick itself was such a disappointment - streaky and very drying. I'm not buying any more of these ...


That's it lovelies - till next month!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

2 comments:

  1. The Nyx in Spice cake is soo nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beauty Okatko and one of my favourites from this brand - the colour is just plain gorgeous and perfect for all year round ♥

      Delete