Monday 26 December 2016

CONFESSIONS: Of a Body Washaholic (Part 18)...

Been almost 6 months since my last body wash confession - the influx of new varieties has definitely slowed, mainly due to the fact that my shelves and cupboards just can't take any more! But as you can see in my Empties posts, I've been putting in a concerted effort to finish off quite a few, and that focus has rewarded me with some space for these four newbies...


Given that I've tried just about every supermarket brand and flavour that's currently available (well the ones I liked the smell of anyway), this time I extended my search to a couple of online sources - Sephora and DB Cosmetics. It's a bit weird for me to have body wash arrive via the postie, but the nearest Sephora store is two hours away, and I've never seen shower products on the DB stand at my local stockist. Well that's my excuse anyway ...

Original Source Mango Shower Cream...


For a long long time, my Coles just didn't stock this fabulous Original Source Mango, and then one day it appeared, and in the giant 500ml size, so I grabbed it in a flash. I've waxed lyrical about some of the other flavours in this range at various stages (HERE & HERE), but I've been lusting after this fruity delight for months (without smelling it) ever since I spotted it on their website, and it sure didn't disappoint. I adore both the taste and scent of mangos, and this is the real deal. Fresh and fabulous without being overly sweet, I look forward to every shower, but trying not to use it all the time as I never want to tire of it. The formula is creamy, bubbly and non-drying, although for gals with skin sensitivities, it does contain SLS. A bargain for around $7 ...

Sephora Hydrating & Energizing Shower Gel (with Goji Berry extract)...

Definitely one of my greatest discoveries! This was $19, but worth every penny (although it also contains SLS). The bottle says it's made in France, and while I can't actually pinpoint the main fragrance note, it sure lives up to its name. A combination of unidentifiable fruit, flowers, herbs and even a spice or two, this is one of the most invigorating shower gels I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Crisp and enlivening, my skin (and nose) just loves this formula - moisturising and bubbly fresh, it's the perfect antidote to hot and steamy weather, which has a tendency to make me feel a little lethargic. Definitely a wake-me-upper, and it's a sure bet I'll be buying it again ... 

Thankyou Botanical Geranium & Rosewood Body Wash...

My first body wash from this brand, and I'm suitably impressed. The fragrance is soft and feminine and predominantly rose - more the sort of scent I go for in cooler weather, but I'm enjoying it all the same because of the formula. Second listed ingredient is Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, and further down are Chamomile, Sweet Almond Oil, Geranium Oil, Rose Oil, Patchouli Oil, Lemon Oil and Rosewood Oil - crikey, that's a helluva lot of oil, and yet it's super cleansing! Of course all these delish ingredients means it's magically hydrating, and there's a very long list of what's NOT included, which natural product loving gals will appreciate, along with the fact it's not tested on animals. There's also quite a story behind this brand, and a heart warming philosophy which you can read about HERE. Very happy to support this company, and while I'm not so fussed on the scent of the other two varieties, I will most certainly be investigating more of their range. I already have their hand wash and hand cream to try ...

Designer Brands Pomegranate Body Wash...

For once I didn't save the best till last. This body wash is a bit wishy-washy, in both the fragrance and moisturising departments, but hey it was only $5.99. The scent is quite lovely, but once I'm in the shower, I can hardly smell it, so that means it's automatically crossed off my re-buy list. The ingredients include Pomegranate Extract, Coconut Oil, Vitamin C & Vitamin E (SLS too), but my skin didn't seem to register any obvious hydration benefits, although it doesn't make it feel dry. In its favour, the footprint is minimal so there's a tad more space in my caddy. In summary, just a bit ordinary and I'll probably use it up as a hand wash...

Hope you had a peaceful and enjoyable Christmas Day ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Joining in Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party ...

12 comments:

  1. i have never tried these products and i am so curious about the sephora one !

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire - it's the first time I've ever tried any Sephora branded product, and it certainly lives up to its name ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. I never even knew DB did shower gels! There you go! I am a huge fan of a good scented shower gel! I love the Original Source ones and Sephora really has some good scents in their range too! Always love reading about what body washes others are using!

    Laura || www.thelifeof-laura.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Laura - there's quite a few DB products that only seem to be available on their website, which is where I found this one. The Original Source ones are almost a sure bet - it's just a matter of choosing your favourite fragrance xxx

      Delete
  3. I love beautiful shower gels! I love how the scent can totally transform your shower experience! I love all things Rose scented so I'll definitely have to give the Thankyou a try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're kindred spirits Marisa - I try and make EVERY experience with a beauty or body product a fun one, can't see the point if I don't really enjoy what I surround myself with. I reckon you would love the Thankyou one - it's like a rose petal caress ♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. I love mangoes! They are my favourite fruit and I look forward to the start of the mango season each year! This is one body wash I need to track down for myself too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't imagine you not enjoying this Original Source variety Ingrid - it makes my mouth water lol! xxx

      Delete
  5. That 'Thankyou' brand is on my must try and buy list, I love the whole story and the look of their range too. :) Great idea to use not so great body washes as hand wash instead! I will remember that the next time I'm out of hand soap! ;) Thanks for the clever tip! Happy New Year gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy - Happy New Year to you too sweetheart! Thankyou is a beaut concept hey - love it when companies give back, and this organisation does it so well ♥

      Delete
  6. Love mangoes too girl! That body wash seems like a winner to me out of all the others on your list :) Can't wait to see what other ones you can find on your next hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always delighted to discover a fellow mango-lover Tal - honestly this one is just so fruity and smells so real, you'd love it! xxx

      Delete