Monday 12 December 2016

Bloggers United AU Kris Kringle...

When the lovelies at Bloggers United AU invited me to participate in their annual Kris Kringle swap, I jumped at the opportunity to be involved in such a fun caper. Unlike a few of the secret santa events I've seen in the community, it wasn't a standard exchange - we were matched with two completely different bloggers. BUA provided details to send a gift to one gal, and we were to receive our pressie from another unidentified beauty. It was so well organised - we completed a form on which we listed what we'd really love to receive (and not!), general likes and dislikes, and any allergies. There was a spend limit ($25) and a set date for postage, and providing proof/tracking information was also one of the very mindful conditions. I had a ball choosing for my gal, sent the package off in good time, and was excited to receive my parcel this week - here's what was inside...

My Kris Kringle match was the lovely Katelan from Katelan Maria. She included this gorgeous Goddess card, and on the reverse introduced herself with some personal details and how to contact her. Katelan is a blogger and MUA from Brisbane who's relatively new to blogging, but she's well on her way, and I'm certain will have lots of interesting articles to contribute to the blogosphere...


Now for the surprises. Always believing the saying good things come in small packages, I opened the smallest parcel first, and to my delight, it contained this stunning Pro Lip Cream Palette (The Reds) by NYX. I'm absolutely over the moon as I don't have anything like this in my makeup kit, and adoring NYX lip products as I do, I'm busting to try every one of these stunning scarlet hues ...


Next up was the BIG package, which contained this lovely travel purse, with three delicious products by Fresh Fruit Spa. Never heard of this brand before, but loving fruity body goodies as I do, these are sure to be a winner. There's Papaya Moisturising Hand Cream, Coconut Body Lotion and Berry Cleansing Body Wash - yummm!


When I unwrapped the longish parcel, I was chuffed to find two BYS nail polishes - a scented one (Parfum Posies) and Confetti Top Coat. Again I have nothing like these in my enamel collection, and am very much looking forward to scented and spotted toes this Summer lol! Also in the package was a 7th Heaven Very Berry Mud Masque, which I will thoroughly enjoy plastering all over my face stat - ingredients include pressed blueberries, crushed cranberries, peach kernel oil and aloe ...


And here's everything all together - such a lovely gift ...


Katelan my dear, thank you so much for this very special present - I love everything, and so appreciate the care and thoughtfulness you put into choosing these products for me. I wish you and your family the merriest of Christmases, hope that your heartfelt desires all come true in 2017, and I'll be in touch with you soon ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Adding this to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party - come join in the fun from 6:30am 

22 comments:

  1. Ooh what a lovely surprise! The NYX lip creams look great and Berry Body Wash? Yes please! Merry Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too darlin' Di! Will be swatching the lip creams once I'm over my usual angst of don't-want-to-mess-it-all-up lol ♥

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea and you got some lovely products. I would be very excited for the NYX lip creams and nail polishes. Enjoy your gifts, Kat! :)

    http://michellemorchella.blogspot.com/2016/12/christmas-rose-gold-eye-look.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will Michelle - everything is so lovely I can't help but have a ball xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous little gift!

    Laura Tough xx
    www.thelifeof-laura.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet hey Laura - my Secret Santa chose wisely ♥

      Delete
  4. what a great idea ! i love NYX lip creams !

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lots of fun Claire, and the NYX lip creams were such a treat - just hope the gal I bought for likes hers as much xxx

      Delete
  5. So much fun! You got some great stuff! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't participated in one of these before Amy, and I certainly will again ♥

      Delete
  6. What a lovely gift and so well suited to you! The NYX lip palette has your name all over it and I can't wait to see those shades on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it just perfect Marisa? The NYX shades are all just plain gorgeous - will be having lots of fun swatching them soon xxx

      Delete
  7. What a great Secret Santa gift you received Kat!

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is just perfect for me hey Ingrid - I'm hoping Katelan will join in your link up party ♥♥♥

      Delete
  8. How lovely! It's nice to give presents but it's also nice to receive them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Beth - these Kris Kringle thingies are a win-win all round ♥x♥

      Delete
  9. Such a great idea! You sure did get some great items. Can't wait to see your lippie swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving everything Tal - still gazing at the NYX palette, but I'm working up to some swatches next week xxx

      Delete
  10. Early Chrissie gifts are so much fun cos you get to open them up before the 25th! :D Enjoy your goodies Kat, they all look like a lot of fun, such a great variety!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So well chosen Candy - anyone would think this gal knows me ha ha!

      Delete
  11. Hopefully I have the money to do it next year. Looks like lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can Alinta - it really got me into Christmas mode as I had to send the parcel off fairly early ♥

      Delete