Wednesday 25 April 2018

REVIEW: Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipsticks...

In my post last Saturday, I had a bit of a whinge about matte lip products, but I should perhaps clarify that I have the most trouble with dehydrating matte LIQUIDS. There are some regular bullet lipsticks that are matte-ish and yet hydrating and totally wearable, like these Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipsticks - ever so comfy on my parched pout, they have a slight sheen, they're long-lasting and the range has some gorgeous colours ...



This first one is called Kitty Purry, and it's such a lovely soft muted pink - it's actually the perfect match for a polo sweater I have in my winter wardrobe, so it'll be making several appearances in the coming cooler weather ...



My favourite of the four, this is Catoure - I'd call this a mauve, but some would say it's a nude. Whatever it is, I adore it, and it's quite unique in my collection ...


Here we have Crimson Cat - a bold but not out-there cool red that's going to brighten those dull dreary days ...


And this last one is Maroon Meow - a deep purple-red that I'd classify as a berry, a blackberry in fact! It's a shade that will be adorning my pucker a lot as it doesn't bleed into the lines around my mouth, something that annoys the hell out of me with darker shades from some other brands ...


Ingredients include shea, avocado and aloe butters which explains why it's so comfortable to wear. They have a slightly sweetish scent, not at all strong, almost like vanilla...


There are 11 shades in the range - RRP is $17.95, but they're often on special at Priceline or Chemist Warehouse for half that. Absolutely love the formula, well done Katy Perry ...

Have you found a matte lipstick that's comfortable to wear?  Oh do tell, please!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours. Love the kitty purry and catoure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hon - they're such pretty shades hey? I adore bold lipsticks, but I have a very soft spot for the more subtle pinks and nudes too. These have a terrific formula ♥

      Delete
  2. I've never had much luck with Covergirl lippies, but these look gorgeous. I like the satin finish. That Maroon Meow is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've definitely got a great formula going here hon - well worth a try xxx

      Delete