Sunday 7 February 2021

REVIEW: Lanvin Eclat D'Arpège EDP...

I was going through my fragrance collection the other day, and a thought struck me - what if there was some sort of crises which meant that I could only keep one bottle of perfume? Perish the thought, but hey, we weren't expecting COVID. So which one would I choose? Well lovelies, it wasn't that hard at all - faced with the prospect of the same perfume every day for an unknown length of time, I immediately grabbed a darling that's been on my shelf and behind my ears for almost 20 years - Lanvin Eclat D'Arpège ...


And given I've just finished a bottle and happened to have another pristine one stashed away, it was the perfect opportunity to photograph this beauty and give her a moment in the spotlight because she's so worth it, and so very close to my heart. Incidentally, a 100ml bottle usually lasts me around two years - I reckon this is number 12 as I've had a few 50ml ones gifted to me and they're usually done and dusted in 12 months. Which makes it the perfume I've bought more often than any other - I start spritzing on or around the first day of spring, and don't put it away till early April ...


Released in 2002, I first discovered her in 2003 when sampling for a friend's birthday gift. The friend absolutely loved it, and the scent stayed in my head and my heart for weeks - I swear I could still remember how beautiful it was so I picked up one for me as soon as I could afford it. It's nothing like the original Arpège, which I don't like, even though it was my grandmother's signature scent. Perfect for her but not for me. The bottle has the same gold mother & child symbol on the flacon, but that's where the similarity ends. This Eclat version is young, fresh and summery, and out of all the perfumes I've ever worn, it's the one that has generated the most compliments. And as I've said in previous Empties posts, I have never EVER smelled it on anyone else. So it's all mine lol ...


Lanvin Eclat D'Arpège is a magical blend of lilacs and lemons, wisteria and peach blossom, peonies and green tea, white cedar, musk and amber. There's not one part of it that I don't absolutely adore, from the crisp fruity floral opening to the soft musky dry down that's still hanging there five hours later. I categorise this scent as a crystalline - same group as Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline and Versace Bright Crystal. It stays very close to my skin so it's not at all intrusive, it's just there like a gentle fragrant breeze all through the day. Perfect for the office, the scent is elegant, timeless, almost angelic, and as you can see, the most exquisite lilac shade. The cap has a faceted jewel mounted on the top and there are two gold rings that rotate around the base, supposedly representing the marriage between the two versions ... 


RRP of the 100ml is $140, but I've never paid more than $65 as it's regularly on special, either at Chemist Warehouse or Feeling Sexy (currently $55.75!). This is a classic fragrance - no vanilla and no caramel, it will lift your spirits up into the clouds. It's so, so beautiful, and a perfume that will always be in my collection ...

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. The bottle is so pretty. You had me at the mention of lemons and green tea.
    I am being so good and working on using up some of my perfumes. I finished a bottle of Revlons Fire and Ice last month. I now have 6 different scents to work on this year. Im really trying not to open any new ones until these are all done and dusted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on sticking to your plan Fawn - it's a challenge with so many temptations out there, I fold ever time lol ♥

      Delete
  2. I like the original, but it's very heavy - I only wear it in winter. This one sounds divine - I must try it! Great review as always, Kats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I would classify the original as a cool weather fragrance. I don't mind it on other girls - unfortunately it just smells musty on my skin, but Eclat is truly a delight for the senses. Thanks for your lovely feedback misfortune8! ♥

    ReplyDelete