Sunday 2 September 2018

REVIEW: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir EDP...

Viva La Spring lovelies! It's a time of year that's so dear to my heart when the chilly tentacles of Winter start to lose their grip, and the beauties of nature emerge from their hibernation slumber. A time of new beginnings and that's especially so for me as I hit day one of a new working life leaving behind 18 years with the same organisation. Not my choice mind you, but I'm planning on making the most of the opportunity to explore new business vistas, and hopefully have more time for this blogging passion of mine. And I couldn't think of a better kick-start to this new cycle than to review my latest fragrance purchase which, in my opinion, encapsulates the essence of this energising season - Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir EDP...


How positively stunning is this bottle? I can't stop looking at it lol!  I'd seen pretty pictures and a few videos (thanks Jeremy Fragrances 2:50), but in person, the packaging just bursts with even more life, colour and femininity. My initial opinion was that no photos on the internet had done it justice, but I've not been able to capture its beauty on camera either - challenge!  The chunky glass is bright pink and has an inner lining with a metallic finish which has a life of its own. The light creates rainbows from the clear crystal cap, and the combination of hot pink & black satin is a total wow  The bottle is SO heavy it will make a superb paperweight once I've used up all the perfume, and what a perfume it is ...


I've never been attracted to any of the other JC variations, but this one is a done and dusted deal for this fragrance fanatic. It's classified as a crisp Woody Oriental Gourmand (whoa!), but the initial burst is fruit, fruit and more fruit - mandarin and ripe wild berries to be precise, but almost as soon as it hits my skin, there's a whoosh of gardenia, jasmine & honeysuckle, closely followed by a double-shot of vanilla, praline and caramel. It's not long before the amber and sandalwood lend their support to the mix, and the dry down is the most gorgeous mix of everything a gal wants to smell like all day, and half the night ...


I adore this perfume, and it will serve me well for the next few months - I think it may be too potent for Summer, but until the temperature soars, I will be enveloping myself in its deliciously sensual embrace. To be honest I don't think it will last long as there'll be a spritzing frenzy at every opportunity! I've wanted to buy this for yonks, and scored a 100ml flacon bargain from the recent Priceline fragrance sale for $65 (RRP $110), and it's still on special for $69 ...

Are you a Juicy Couture fan? What's your favourite from the range?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. I got a juicy couture sample in the recent Priceline beauty box but I haven’t tried it yet. I don’t have any other juicy Couture perfumes. I need to use my stash first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Okatko, how beaut that you scored a sample for free! I wish I had your self control, I have way too many to use before they potentially go off ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. The packaging is so pretty and I would argue you have captured its beauty! I got a sample in the Priceline beauty box as well :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Di - I find ANYTHING that's shiny or reflective a mammoth challenge to photograph. Great to hear you scored a freebie too ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. Every Juicy Couture product I've sampled contains one of my migraine triggers. It's a pity, since the longevity is so good. This one has gardenia & jasmine - no nos for me! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I can well imagine it causing you problems misfortune8 - it's incredibly potent!

      Delete