Thursday 6 September 2018

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite June 2018 LOTD's...

Another month of lipsticks, and interestingly more cool hues than warm. I rarely ever pick my lippie first - instead, I choose my outfit and then rummage through my collection for something that will tone in with the theme. Below is the usual pretty broad range of brands, and one in particular that blew me away with its uniqueness ...


I slipped a bit with my blogging schedule in August, so there'll probably be another of these posts before September is over ...


1. First cab off the rank is one of the Nutrimetics 50th Anniversary nc Hydra Brilliance Lipsticks (full review HERE) - Lobster Bisque. The formula of this range is ultra lip-friendly, and this pale orange beauty is most unusual. I have a few apricot-coloured pieces in my wardrobe, and this blends so well ...
2. Always happy to include a cheapie if I think it's ok, and this OXX Cosmetics Lipstick from Kmart - Chocolate - is pretty darn good for $2! Nicely pigmented, reasonably hydrating, love the shade ...
3. This third one is another Nutrimetics 50th Anniversary nc Hydra Brilliance Lipstick - Marshmallow. A truly flattering browny red, and just the ticket for the cooler seasons ...



4. Yes, it's one more Nutrimetics 50th Anniversary nc Hydra Brilliance Lipstick - Aztec Bronze. Gorgeous, GORGEOUS deep and subdued yet intense Winter red - adore! ...
5. So now we're talking REDS! This is Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick MAT6 - one of the reddest reds in my kit, supernally comfortable for a matte, well it's not really matte, but it's a knockout hue hey ...
6. And if you're after fire engine red, this is the go - Covergirl Colourlicious Lipstick in Hot Passion. Covergirl makes fabulous lipsticks - so underrated in the market ...



7. Here's one that's appeared before - NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Toasted Marshmallow. Hard to go past these glosses for density, intensity and comfort - love 'em to bits! ...
8. Another bargain lippie that's underrated - Lacura (Aldi) Beauty Mineral Lipstick in the shade After Dark. A stunning rose gold case, awesomely moist formula, a steal at $4.99, but no doubt under the Aldi curse of probably-no-longer-available ...
9. Oh oh oh, now this was the find of the month - Isabelle Dupont Velvet Matte Lip Cream, shade 602. Came in a LipMonthly bag, honestly quite uncomfortable as it's so drying, but when I fall head over heels in love with a colour, I'll put up with anything! Isn't this just so sensationally different? Needs a clear gloss topper to make it wearable, but I'm crazy about this mauvey pink, and it lasts brilliantly ...



10. The last Nutrimetics 50th Anniversary nc Hydra Brilliance Lipstick -  Frosted Grape you'll see today lol. As you can tell I was quite taken with their retro range, and this pink is divine ...
11.  NARS Serdem Lipstick in Larkspur. Overwhelmingly disappointing in that the bullet is the boldest purple, but it goes on very sheer. Still, I've included it as it's still such a stunning colour, and exceptionally hydrating ...
12. An oldie but still a viable goodie - Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipstick in Husband Shopping. I have a passion for pinky purples, and this one wears amazingly well, and never disappoints for intense pigment ...

That's it for now gals, another round is in the pipeline. Meanwhile, I'm keen to know if you like any of these, hmm? ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for more of a look at your lippies Kats! I love how you add your opinions on the cheaper brands as well. Great to know especially when your looking for a decent lippie on a budget. Freaky xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed these Freaky - you'll always find some bargains in amongst the others here. Actually my favourite pink bullet lipstick of all time is BOE Beauty Shocking Matte Pink - $2 from BigW! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kats. I really like your second row of reds especially the middle red Mat6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm yes that's a beauty Okatko. I love it 'cos it's not completely matte and therefore doesn't shrivel my lips like so many others ♥

      Delete
  4. That Lacura lippy is gorgeous! I like the Aldi 2-step long-lasting lippies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome formula - so good for the price. I haven't seen the 2-step ones - time to visit Aldi again, haven't been there for a few weeks...

      Delete