Sunday 17 February 2019

Jennifer Aniston Chapter Two EDP...

While it was released in 2017, it was only in September last year that I discovered Jennifer Aniston's Chapter One, and my review of this refreshingly crisp and beachy fragrance is HERE. I love it SO much I've already powered through half the bottle, and I expect I'll finish the other half by the time the summer heat is over. So what next? Well, just last week I spotted Chapter Two in Chemist Warehouse - thankfully they had a tester so I spritzed, fell instantly in love, and headed for the checkout counter clutching the 30ml bottle (such restraint!) ...


Released last year, this 2nd flavour in the series is a whole different ball game. I find that often fragrance flankers have a similar base (or DNA as darling Jeremy calls it) with an added or different twist, but this sweetheart from Team Jen is really quite different. This is most definitely an oriental floral, with the emphasis on the oriental, which means it's the perfect scent to kick start my autumn perfume lineup ... 


The box is in keeping with the Chapter One style - plain brown on one side, and a spunky pic of Jen in evening attire on the other. The bottle is the same gloriously fluid curved shape, but with a warm brown base that fades ombre-style into clear at the top, and topped with a shiny gold cap instead of frosted. The fragrance is what I would call safe, in that you could buy it for any gal that has a penchant for oriental scents - warm, feminine and elegant. It opens with a splash of mandarin wrapped in powdery musk, closely followed by a steady stream of gardenia, jasmine and hibiscus petals, nestling on a base of sandalwood and amber. Totally my kind of cool weather fragrance  There's also orris, lavender and coconut water listed in the ingredients, which I can't pick up at all, but the overall combination delivers a sublime woody floriental that's tame enough to wear to the office, but add some candlelight and you can expect the pulses will be racing ...


I sprayed it on before bed last night and could still enjoy a hint of its beauty on my skin 8 hours later - for daytime, I'd say 4-5 hours before a respray is needed. Loving this scent, and so looking forward to the cooler weather when I can truly douse myself in it, and at $19.99, I can afford to be liberal. Actually, I'm heading back to CW for the bigger bottle - only $10 more for almost double the spritzes! Also very much looking forward to Chapter Three, whenever and whatever that may be. Nice one Jen! ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds lovely, and what an interesting bottle! It's so affordable too. Will be testing it when I'm in town next!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping you like it Di - affordable price and pretty presentation are always what grab my attention first, but of course the fragrance itself can be a hit or miss xxx

      Delete
  2. This sounded so tempting until I got to the gardenia & jasmine bit - migraine triggers! Oh well, that's the info I like to have. It saves me spritzing in-store then getting a migraine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boo to the headaches - it's a darn shame as this is a really lovely perfume, but I'm glad my review has been helpful xxx

      Delete