Sunday 10 February 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite December 2018 LOTD's...

Another lipstick love-fest! Somehow or other I'm always a month behind with these LOTD posts so there may be another one before the end of Feb if I can catch up. I was hammering the reds and bricks in December, but there'll be more pinks and softer hues in the next collection ... 


In case I don't get to post again before the 14th, Happy Valentines to all the lovers in the world! Although in my book, if you love someone I reckon every day should be Valentines Day 


1. NYX Intense Butter Gloss - Chocolate Crepe. I'm always banging on about these glosses to any gal who will listen - they're just the best! Super pigmented, creamy and very kind to dry lips. An awesome range of colours too ...
2. Essence Melted Chrome Liquid Lipstick - Iron Heart. Chrome lip products are hit and miss with me - this one's a hit, stunning red and comfortable to wear ...
3. Nutrimetics nc Hydra Brilliance 50th Anniversary Lipstick - Marshmallow. This one keeps appearing here, love everything about this range ...



4. L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick - Forever Frappe. One of the best bricky orange-reds around, deliciously moist, love L'Oreal lippies ...
5. NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream - Speed of Light. After featuring this so many times I probably don't need to say too much, other than ADORE ...
6. MUD Full Colour Lip Lacquer - Vintage Pink. Another one that keeps coming up in these posts, such a soft and feminine coral ...


7. Bourjois Rouge Laque - Selfpeach. Weird name as there's nothing very peachy about this hue, but what a fabulously bold red/orange it is - goes on so smooth and slick ...
8. Bourjois Rouge Edition 12 Hours - Red Belle. A lovely formula that lasts for at least 6 hours, whoa! ...
9. NYC Lipstick - Ruby. Cheap and cheerful, the pigmentation is exceptional for the price, I should buy more from this brand ...


10. NARS Audacious Lipstick - Grace. Can't decide if this is pink or red, but I do know it's gorgeous ...
11. Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipstick - Countess. Have had this one for almost four years, and every time I toss it in the bin, I take it back out again. No change to the formula or smell - it's magical! ... 
12. Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Berry Much. Here's hoping MNY keeps making these - this is such a divine berry, and I love that I can use it as a lipliner too ...


13. Maybelline Colorsensational Lipcolor - Fifth Avenue Fuchsia. Dreamy, creamy, this is what Barbie wears when she wants to be taken seriously ...
14. Australis Colour Inject Moisturising Mineral Lipstick - Mash Up. A smidgen more blue takes this over the edge into purple-land, a winning formula from Australis - lush and moist ...
15. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour Metallic - Dazzle. The metallic finish is almost non-existent - actually I don't get how you can have a matte metallic, but I can't get enough of this colour so who cares ...

More soon lovelies!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Im wearing a lot of vibrant red shades at the moment. Life has been spent accompanying from kids Dad to Chemo treatments so Ive opted to be bright and vibrant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're wonderful the way you stay so positive Fawn. A bright red lip is the quickest way for a boost - I've lost count of the number of times I've slicked on a fiery hue to help me through some troubles. Hugs to you and your family hon xxx

      Delete
  2. Bourjois lippies are great, aren't they? I really like the look of the Chi Chi Countess. I've never tried their Viva La Diva range. It's good to know it lasts well. I don't throw makeup away until it either runs out or turns funny.

    I've got that same Revlon Ultra HD "matte metallic." I love the colour, but the odd scent puts me off.

    Great reviews, as always, Kats! I love these LOTD's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear lady! I'm fairly new to Bourjois lipsticks, but I have quite a few now, different formulas, and love them all. And I'm the same with my makeup - I have some eyeshadow palettes that are over 5 years old, and I'm not tossing them as they still look and work the same as the day I bought them!

      Delete