Sunday 10 March 2019

Beautyheaven Glosscars Markeplace Event 2019...

Despite all attempts by Transport for NSW to thwart my travel to beautyheaven HQ yesterday, thankfully I made it in time to attend my nominated session of the beautyheaven Glosscars Marketplace Event. As always, it was the best and most fun 45 minutes any self-respecting beauty blogger could hope to experience - lots of new products to discover and photograph, quick chats with old (and new) friends, and expert info from the glam, warm and welcoming Team BH staff ... 


This is an annual event that precedes the Glosscar Awards voting for products launched in the previous 12 months, and an opportunity for close-to-Sydney members to sample some of the nominees. I so look forward to this every year and count myself most fortunate to have received an invitation ...



The participating brands this year were Blessed by Nature, Bodecare, Handsome, Jane Iredale, Nude by Nature, Olay, Pump Haircare, Skin Nutrient and Skin Physics. Believe it or not, I'm familiar with only ONE of the products that were gifted (Nude by Nature Moisture Shine Lipstick), so I'm blissing out to have the following goodies to road test before voting begins next week ...


 Blessed By Nature Foaming Facial Cleanser...


Oh yum! Containing Lavender, Aloe Vera, Calendula & Chamomile, this cleanser will have your face makeup and grime free in a flash. I used it last night to take off all my beauty-party slap - smells divine, and my second cleanse with micellar water resulted in a cotton pad that was as clean-as-a-whistle. Super effective and non-drying, the formula contains no sulphates, alcohol or parabens, it's 100% vegan, not tested on animals, and the company is all-Australian owned. Score! ...


Bodecare Organic Egyptian Loofah...


The biggest loofah I've ever seen, let alone used! Also vegan, I gave my bod a good going over with this gem in the shower this morning, and I'm sold. It feels really nasty when dry - by that I mean hard and as scratchy as sandpaper, but as soon as you wet the sponge, it softens and becomes flexible while retaining enough firmness to give your skin a thorough and stimulating sloughing - a few weeks of this and I'll be loving my thighs again ...


Handsome Men's Skincare Facial Moisturiser...


As this moisturiser contains Organic Cedarwood, Bergamot, Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Rosehip and Vitamin E, the man of the house may not even get to try it lol! Only joking of course - I'll have to report on this at a later date, but I can tell you that it absorbs in seconds and smells like a herb garden after a spring rain. Also Aussie-made and not tested on animals - definitely a contender for a prize ...


Jane Iredale Triple Luxe Long Lasting Naturally Moist Lipstick...


Oh wow - this is my kind of lipstick! Smooth and creamy, full of moisturising goodness (Moringa, Avocado and Sunflower Seed Oils), vegan, cruelty-free, AND it lasts for hours. Where have you been all my life? I chose the shade Ella, which according to the information card we were given is a "deep rose brown", although in the artificial light I thought it was more of a plummy pink. I wore it today and the shade is incredibly flattering, the formula is exceptionally comfortable, and I didn't need to re-apply after breakfast. Adore! Instagram swatch will be up this week ...


 Nude by Nature Moisture Shine Lipstick...


I'm already a fan of Deep Plum and Garnet in this range, and the formula is a beauty. Delighted to have received Blush Pink for those days when I want a quiet but pretty nude. The Vitamin E, Kakadu Plum, Shea Butter & Jojoba Oil content keeps my lips moist and supple for hours. It's going to be a tough decision as to which of these two brands to vote for - I'm hoping there'll be two categories so I don't have to choose! ...


Pump Haircare Thickening Mask with Gotu Kola Extract...


So looking forward to trying this hair mask which has heaps going for it - sulphate free, contains Soy and Rice Protein, Olive Leaf, Gotu Kola (a scalp nourisher, I looked it up) & Horsetail extract and Argan Oil, cruelty-free, and it smells delicious enough to put on my face. Only needs to be left on for 10 minutes, but you can sleep in it too ...


Skin Nutrient Goat's Milk Magic Touch...


This moisturiser was a huge surprise - it looks like oatmeal coloured jelly, and I can see and feel teeny little pearly balls as I massage it in, but they dissolve almost immediately leaving my skin feeling crazy soft and hydrated. I treated myself to this last night and woke up to a super smooth and perfectly moisture-balanced complexion. This will be ideal for me for the coming cold season ...


 Skin Physics Advance Super Lift Hand & Nail Renewal Cream...


Well now, this just might be my new go-to anti-ageing hand cream. We saw some before and after photos of weathered, wrinkly and spotty hands transformed into smooth, even-toned and plumped paws - will let you know how this goes, but coming from Skin Physics, I'm supremely confident of some obvious improvement in my hands and nails. Contains SP15 and caviar! ...


Olay Regenerist Whip Active Moisturiser & Magnemasks Infusion Hydrating Sheet Mask...


The only presentation stand I forgot to photograph! There are three formulations in the Whip moisturiser, and predictably I chose the Regenerist flavour which is aimed at firming skin and reducing lines and wrinkles, all of which I need a lot of ha ha. I used this today under my makeup and it helped control the shine I normally experience in my T-zone, but my skin still feels hydrated now 12 hours later. I'm already a huge fan and regular user of the Rejuvenating Sheet Masks, so I opted for the Hydrating variety. These masks are one of the easiest to use as there's no fiddling around with backing sheets, the coverage is excellent, and they're one of the best face-fits on the market ...

Event Babe Gallery...

Why do I punish myself by having my photo taken with stunning women? Because they are all such gorgeous human beings, and who doesn't want to surround themselves with beautiful things!...

This is darling Leah aka Temporary Princess - don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like her?



And here's my dear pal Ingrid aka Fabulous and Fun Life - she's that magical blend of beauty and wisdom...


And this is the stunning Izzy from Team bh - isn't she gorgeous? I would kill for her skin...



And who knew there was a supermodel on the beautyheaven team? Well, her name is Sophie and she's a total doll - glam goals!


There were delicious snacks and drinks provided as well, and all up it was a fun and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Huge thank yous to beautyheaven and all the sponsors for the opportunity to try these terrific products. Best of luck to the nominees! 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. Now that's a wrap! I felt like I was there - again! Great description of the event and I can't wait for the Glosscars nominations to be announced. I too hope there are 2 lipstick categories as the nude by nature has been a mainstay in my handbag for many months and I now have 3 shades. I'll be testing the Jane Iredale one tomorrow on the working day. I also chose the Ella shade.


    Perhaps there'll be a Best Long Lasting AND a Best Moisture lipstick category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed Karen - I'm anxiously awaiting the Glosscars extravaganza as well. Sounds like we're in tune, what with Ella and 3 x Nude by Nature lipsticks each in our kits, how co-incidental is that! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Im so so so jelly. Its a dream of mine to be able to attend one of the awesome BH events. These products look amazing and with Olay included....well...you know how crazy I am for Olay products :)
    Wonderful article kats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the bh team told me they would be doing quite a few more events this year, and in different parts of the country, so I have my fingers crossed there'll be something closer to you soon Fawn ♥x♥

      Delete
  3. Felt like last Saturday all over again reading your post! Such a shame we couldn't catch up this time, but maybe next time hey?

    I haven't tested everything yet, but I will say that I'm in love with both the feel & the scent of the Jane Iredale lipstick (I chose Natalie - a "hot pink" - after being given Gabby - a "nude pink" - initially). Expensive but luxurious & VERY moisturising, even on my drier-than-the-Sahara lips. I literally fangirled when I saw the PUMP stand! I've had 1 of their products used on me (my hairdresser stocks them) & it smelt so good that I ended up adding a whole bunch of stuff to my wishlist, including the mask we received. Really hoping it's not a dud on my funny hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Shell - I was bummed about the timing, but at least we had more notice for this event, and I'm not planning any more dental work for a while, so with a bit of luck there'll be a conjunction of bh gals at the next one.


      That Pump hair mask smells so divine I could just sniff it all day - great to know their other products are so good xxx

      Delete
  4. The Blessed by Nature cleanser sounds great! I love Aussie products too. I love Skin Physics - that hand cream sounds awesome!

    Love the matching bling & lippy set, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely cleanser misfortune8 - I'm not keen on foaming face washes as a rule, but this one is very effective and the suds aren't nearly as annoying as other ones I've tried. I have high hopes for the hand cream xxx

      Delete