Sunday 17 March 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite January & February 2019 LOTD's...

Even I'M bored with the number of times I've mentioned I need to do a "catch-up" of my LOTD's, so here it is - a combo of January & February. There were actually quite a few that appeared in both months, so rather than repeat myself, I've culled the lot down to 20 faves, and am now officially up to date yay! ...


With so many pinks, mauves and purples, you'd think this was a spring edition. Actually, my only obvious concession ot the seasons is that I tend to keep my dark and broody shades for the cold weather, and there'll be plenty of that soon - yikes! Meanwhile, here we go with what's left of summer...


1. Maybelline Colorsensational - Bronze Metal. Not everyone is a fan of brown lipstick, but I love it now and then, especially when I'm wearing more natural coloured clothing, like creams, beiges, tans and even soft leafy greens. This is an oldie but a goodie, have had it for years but it hasn't deteriorated in the slightest...
2. Lip Monthly - 02. Adore this one - it's definitely orange, but kinda scorched so it's not overly bright. I'll be trotting this one out several times during autumn - it reminds me of maple leaves...
3. Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer - Sunstone. Another blast from the past - the sheer volume of my collection is the only reason why I haven't worn this in ages. Deliciously moisturising, and such a gorgeous colour...
4. Ulta3 Matte - Bitter Sweet. Reasonably comfortable for a matte, I've included it because it's such a pretty coral. Most of my other ones have a much higher pink content...


5. Maybelline Colorsensational - Rose Rush. Love this, the only coral red I have in my kit, and MNY has nailed this formula...
6. Ulta3 Ultra Matte Longwear Lip Cream - Wild Fire. Another one that's on the dry side but it's tolerable, and I'm prepared to put up with the slightly shrivelly effect as it's such a stunningly bright orange-red...
7. Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick - Red Rum. Bless Jeffree - he knows what he's doing, this is a classic...
8. Rimmel The Only One - Best of the Best. Hard to beat this bold and sassy gem from Rimmel. Super moist, super red, super glossy...


9.  Maybelline ColorDrama Intense Velvet Lip  Crayon - Red Essential. My love for these crayons continues unabated - the perfect deep winter red...
10. Essence Lights of the Orient Matte Lipstick - Belly Dancing Queen. Very comfy for a matte, and it has enough pink in it to qualify as a berry...
11. W7 Matte Lipstick - In The Pink. Soft and feminine, this is girly all the way and doesn't dry my lips...
12. Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance 50th Anniversary - Frosted Grape. You've seen this before and will again, countless times. So kind to my old pucker...


13. Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick - Liptember Mauve. Totally mauvalicious, sometimes I loathe Special Editions like this because I fall in love, and then I can't buy it again. Boo!...
14. Ulta3 Lipstick - Orchid. Another soft and pretty baby. Ulta3 lipsticks are amazing value - they have a tendency to be sheer, but I've worked my way through the whole range and found all the ones that are dense enough to cover my freckles, like this one...
15. Revlon Superlustrous - Fuchsia Fusion. What's a lipstick collection without a few fuchsias? If the truth be known, it's only recently I've gotten the hang of how to spell fuchsia ha ha. Well done Revlon, this is a darling...
16. Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance - Magenta. Oh Barbie, this one's for you!...


17. Ulta3 Lipstick - Lilac Glow. More pink than lilac, but one of their finest, and highly recommended if you want something moist but not glossy, total coverage and excellent longevity... 
18. Avon Mark Lipstick - Berry Cute. One of the best magazine cover giveaways ever - adore this lippie, so creamy and moist...
19. Sash Cosmetics Luminous Lipstick - Gypsy Child. I call this shade mystic purple - just my little thing lol. I fear Sash Cosmetics has folded, and their Christmas giveaway was a loving way to say goodbye. Both their Facebook and Instagram pages are no more - so sad...
20. Sash Cosmetics Luminous Lipstick - Insomnia. This purple is heading into brown-land, but it's still purple in my beauty book, and another one that's ideal for the cooler months - a darn shame I can't get hold of any more from this brand as the formula is a winner...

Would love to know which ones you like ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Rose Rush, Wildfire and gypsy all catch my eye.
    Ive very much into vibrant reds at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wildfire is such a bright shade Fawn, super cheery and it's a great price point - keep going with the reds, they're so uplifting hey ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Hi Kats, you know I love Nutrimetics Frosted Grape, but I would love a long lasting lip stain in this shade. Nothing I've tried matches the shade - got any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gina, hmmmm tricky - I don't have many stains in my kit, and tend to avoid longwear mattes because they're too drying, but how about the Maybelline Super Stay 24® Lip Color in Perpetual Plum or the Super Stay Matte Ink in Lover?

      Delete
  3. Ah, I love these lippy posts! The Rimmel Only One & Avon mag freebie look great. I love my Maybelline Lip Crayon & Revlon Fuchsia Fusion, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hon - those MNY lip crayons are the bomb hey, and I love that the Revlon Fuchsia Fusion has a bit more red it in than the other fuchsias I have in my kit x

      Delete