Sunday 14 June 2020

REVIEW: Elizabeth Taylor Passion EDT...

One of my perfume passions is Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes - I've adored it for years but it's a challenge to find it anywhere in stock. So I decided to revisit some others from her collection that I'd dismissed many years ago, and I was both pleasantly surprised & delighted to find that my tastes have changed. And while nothing can replace the one I absolutely adore, her Passion EDT has scored a place up near the top of my list ...

Elizabeth Taylor's Passion bottle, box and a heart-shaped diamond

I admit than when I first sampled it (probably 20 years ago) my first reaction was "old lady perfume", which is why I've avoided it till now. But senses change over time, as do chemical reactions on the skin, and having scored a miniature in a boxed set, I sprayed a teeny bit on my wrist and was like, wow! It really is SO beautiful - woody and powdery with Liz's trademark gardenia content, and more than a dash of spice and incense. Rich and sensual, it's amazingly potent for an EDT - actually has more lasting power than some of my far more expensive EDP's! ...

 Passion bottle,diamante bracelet and a heart-shaped diamond necklace

Not a fragrance if you prefer to blend in, this is a powerhouse oriental for the woman that has no fear of being noticed. There are more than 20 different notes in this elixir - the main ones I can detect are gardenia, bergamot, sandalwood, patchouli, jasmine, cedar, rose, leather, musk, vanilla, incense and sandalwood, and they all blend magically into an elegant and alluring fragrance that is as unforgettable as Elizabeth herself. It's the first one she created and was released in 1988 - now that's what I call staying power ...

 Passion bottle,box & diamante bracelet

I'm in two minds about the packaging though - on the one hand, the bottle is a gorgeous deep purple art-deco style with a diamond shape embossed in the middle (no surprises there) however the cap is cheap and tacky looking and doesn't do justice to the rest of the presentation. But, given the beauty of what's inside, all is forgiven ...

Flatlay of Passion bottle & diamante bracelet

Being an EDT, I expected it to be relatively weak but the initial spritz is quite strong - while the dry down is far softer, I still recommend caution with the application. I pretty much doused myself in it on the first day and regretted it later as too much of anything (even fabulous fragrance) is just plain waste, and I never want to run out of this stunner ...

Flatlay of Passion bottle, box, heart-shaped necklace & diamante bracelet

Passion is a warm and embracing floral oriental EDT that encapsulates all the fire and softness that is womanhood, and I'm staggered that it lasts all day - no kidding lovelies, this puts many other fragrances to shame, it's as enduring as the legend herself. And the price is crazy - at the moment the 74ml bottle is on special at Chemist Warehouse for $30! There's no doubt about it - I'm passionate about Passion ...

Are you a fan of any of Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes? Do you enjoy oriental fragrances?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

5 comments:

  1. Oh it sounds divine. I have 8 perfumes that im working on using up this year before I open any new ones but even so I had a birthday voucher for the local chemist that I needed to spend and found a really yummy perfume that I just had to buy. So....? Dark Romance. It has bergamot, pink pepper and dark praline along with violet and vanilla. I had a $10 voucher and it was on sale for $9.99...bargain :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fawn, aren't vouchers just the best thing? Dark Romance sounds delish - must check it out as it has so many ingredients that I love, particularly violet & pink pepper. You did brilliantly, and for that price, what's another bottle hey? ♥

      Delete
    2. I also went and spent my Priceline vouchers and got 3 bottles of body wash. Each one was a different scent and after the vouchers were used i had to pay $1.40....Im such a big spender :D

      Delete
    3. Lol - I'd say super smart & savvy ♥

      Delete
  2. I think White Diamonds is the last one I tried. I remember it used to be a lot more expensive though.

    ReplyDelete