Sunday 20 September 2020

REVIEW: Jennifer Aniston Silver EDP...

If you're searching for a fresh, crisp and unique warmer weather fragrance to add to your collection, then look no further than the new Silver EDP by Jennifer Aniston. In the same bottle shape as J, Near Dusk & Lolavie (none of which I've tried), this one is a mirrored stunner and the fragrance inside refreshingly different from anything else that I've come across ...


I'm quite the fan of scents from this lovely lady (Chapter Two HERE & Chapter One HERE), and she's got me again with this latest release from her lineup. Starting with the bottle, it's just plain gorgeous - modern with an asymmetrically curved base, the cap is a clear acrylic rectangle with Jen's moniker around the neck - this is the only "labelling" on the bottle other than the sticker on the underside. Made of clear glass, the bottom half of the flacon has a mirrored metallic finish that ombres out about halfway up, but when you hold it up to the light, the glass is clear with a slight blue-grey tint at the base. Absolutely love it, although it's a challenge to photograph lol ...


The fragrance is strong at first, fades after about 30 minutes into a gentle and soft musky floral (with attitude), and then lasts for hours on my skin. Classified as an aquatic (which I don't normally go for), I'm loving the freshness and clean vibe of this almost metallic elixir, which could probably be worn by fellas as well - it's neither feminine nor masculine. Opening notes are bergamot, and rain accord (no idea what this is but yes it smells like rain lol), followed by jasmine and rose petals on a base of ambrox, musk, cedarwood and vanilla. It's one of those "if x had a fragrance, this is what it would smell like" kind of scents - very silvery, lustrous and reflective, and consequently, very aptly named ...


I've found that many celebrity fragrances go overboard with the vanilla - but not this little gem. It's subtle yet long-lasting, distinctive, sophisticated and unique. One little annoyance is that it only seems to be available in the 30ml size. While that limitation makes it very handbag friendly, it won't last all that long given how frequently I'm already wearing it. But the good news is that Priceline has it for $29, and it was recently on special for $18, so that sort of outlay makes it totally affordable and repurchasable. Nice one Jen 

Does Silver sound appealing to you? Have you tried any other JA fragrances?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

P.S. I'm still blocked on Instagram, which is why I haven't uploaded my Empties and Bloggiversary Giveaway post - will wait till next week and see if I'm still in the bad books ...

12 comments:

  1. Silver sounds lovely...but no...no ....no.... I am trying and often failing to say No and stop myself from purchasing more perfume. I had 10 bottles at the start of the year that I said I would finish before I opened new ones. Im now down to 7 but they wont be finished this year darn it.
    One im working on is a celebrity scent.....Heat by Beyonce.

    What happens when you try to log into Insta? Is it telling you that your account is disabled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fawn, finishing 3 is pretty good going - keep up the good work. I've given up, the pull is way too strong ha ha! I can log in to Instagram just fine, and I believe I can upload pictures, but I can't write any comments or like any one else's photos. All my pictures are there and my account is active, but every time I try and do any of the above I get a warning that they have restricted my activities to protect the community, and to tell them if they've made a mistake, which I have many many times :-(

      Delete
    2. oh goodness. So Instagram is protecting US from YOU....LOL
      Thats the one thing that i find so very frustrating with social media sites. If something goes wrong its very hard to get in touch with someone to help sort it out.

      Delete
    3. Yes - didn't you know I'm a dangerous women! Good grief, I'm careful to not step on ants ♥

      Delete
  2. ooh, it sounds lovely for a celeb fragrance and $18 on special is great value and a good way to try it too. Thankyou for your lovely review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for your appreciation Ariane - I'm so glad it sounds appealing to you, I just love sharing the pretty things I find xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this bottle design! Hopefully your IG block lifts soon - my beauty account is also restricted and has been for ages. I haven't kept exact track but I think it's close to 3 weeks. I can't like, comment, follow or tag # or @ in stories. Don't even know what I did! Let's hope our accounts are fixed soon, although I'm losing hope I'll ever get my account back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Di, not you too? The last time I could comment was 28th August, so that makes it almost a month for me. I don't know what I did either - it sure sucks big time, a real joy killer. Hopefully we'll be out on parole at the end of the week lol xxx

      Delete
  4. Love the bottle design Kats. It looks like a carved piece of ice. And your backdrop matches the bottle design perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous hey Okatko - and I agree about your description, just looking at it makes me feel cool ♥

      Delete
  5. PS great to see you back on my Insta feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks treasure - it's so good to be back, I felt like part of me was missing lol! I'm gonna be super careful that it doesn't happen again, although I'm still not sure what caused the block ♥

      Delete