Tuesday 13 October 2020

REVIEW: Sarah Jessica Park Covet EDP...

Well now, this was lucky 13 for me - that's how many years Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker has been on the market, and I've only just discovered her beauty. My theory is that it's never too late to find a fragrance that you resonate with unless of course it's been discontinued. There are internet rumours that this has been scrapped, but I think this darling will be around for a while yet as it's listed on so many store sites. The 100ml bottle was a steal for $19.99 from Chemist Warehouse, and at that price, it's tempting to buy another as I'm certainly powering through this one before the weather gets too hot ...


The bottle is clear glass with a smokey topaz flower cap that covers the nozzle to reduce the risk of accidental spritzing. I'm a little puzzled by the amber colour of the fluid though - in so many pictures it's the most gorgeous olive/lime green, so I'm not sure if it's a remix of the original ...


A grown-up fragrance, or a fragrance for grownups - either way, it's exceptionally feminine and quite sensuous and I reckon the fellas will love it. It's a delicious mix of lemon, lavender and cocoa with a floral heart of magnolia, honeysuckle and lily of the valley, nestled on a base of musk, amber, cashmere wood, vetiver and teak wood. It starts off quite crisp and fresh, almost green with a hint of spiced mint (from geranium leaves I believe), but it quickly softens into a creamy chocolate white floral (but not overly sweet) which lasts for around 10 minutes, and then the woods, musk and amber kick in and hold it all together for the next (at least) 6 hours ...


Most fragrances that contain chocolate tend to be gourmand style, but this one doesn't strike me that way at all. It's quite delicate, almost baby powderish, but it has the lovely zest of fruit to keep it interesting, and I'm a goner for anything containing amber. I've been spraying it on night and day as it's just so pretty, relaxing and enveloping, and I'm forever sniffing my wrist - it's the type that becomes even more entrancing as the hours go by ...


Well worth a try if you love soft feminine scents that last a long time, and don't intrude on anyone else's space - it stays close which makes it perfect for the office, or for getting close to someone special. I'm definitely coveting this beauty ...

Has this perfume ever been on your radar?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

5 comments:

  1. Great review Kats, you always have a way with words. I saw a couple of her perfumes today at Chemist Warehouse and they are so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging feedback Tracy, I really appreciate your support ♥ Yes SJP's fragrances are most definitely affordable, which is another reason I love them - lots of choices for minimal outlay hey ♥

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness this sounds lovely. You had me from the moment you mentioned the lemon :D
    So many people discount celebrity scents but I think they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Fawn - I used to avoid them completely because I thought they all smelled the same, but that's not the case at all. Some of them are super special and unique, like this one ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of celebrity scents or the cashing in on fame scents although I am partial to Sarah Jessica Parker ever since "Girls just wanna have fun". This perfume sounds really nice. I love the scent of lemon

    ReplyDelete