Monday 26 October 2020

REVIEW: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold EDP...

This is my third Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy fragrance - I started with the original which I won in a beautyheaven competition in 2010, but I wasn't keen on it. In fact, I couldn't work out what all the fuss was about as it didn't appeal to me, and I ended up giving the 3/4 full bottle to a friend. Fast forward to 2018 when I decided to revisit the range, and interestingly fell in love with the Noir version (review HERE). I wasn't all that surprised as frequently I've found that my perfume tastes change over time - it's happened before that what I used to love doesn't do it for me any more, and contrarily, some scents I didn't enjoy years ago are now blowing my skirt up lol. Anyway so the Noir was a raging success, but then I subsequently watched Jeremy's OTT RAVE video of the Gold flanker and wondered if I'd bought the wrong flavour. So I decided to sample it in-store at Priceline, and was immediately struck by two things - it's resemblance to the Noir version, but with a twist that totally hooked me, and it was the "hook" (plus the heavily discounted price) that made this fabulous bottle end up with me at the checkout ...


The packaging (like the Noir version) is absolutely stunning - heavy amber glass with a metallic gold chamber that houses the elixir, hot pink Couture embossed over the usual JC Coat of Arms, a clear faceted crystal cap, and a spotted net bow straight from an Audrey Hepburn movie - it's just so ridiculously adorable ...


Once I opened the box, I was determined to find out what it was that so inspired me to purchase something so similar to one I already had in my collection, but grabbed me from the first sniff all the same. Interestingly, when I spritzed each one on my wrists, it's obvious the two fragrances are distinctly different - Noir is heavy on the fruit, whereas Gold is almost pure caramel & vanilla. Both versions contain the same ingredients (wild berries, jasmine, honeysuckle, sandalwood, amber, caramel & vanilla) with the exception that Noir also has mandarin and gardenia. I'm guessing what differentiates them is the proportions - to me, Gold has a far greater concentration of caramel and vanilla, which is what makes it so creamy, mellow and enveloping, whereas Noir kinda punches the air ...


I love them both, but I will wear Viva La Juicy Gold a lot more frequently, and all throughout the year - I can already tell that its potency won't be a problem in the heat, in fact, I think it will be even more fabulous on a steamy day/night. Longevity is pretty good, even better if you mist a little on your clothing or hair.  Mind you it's only strong for about an hour, but then it stays on the skin, faintly detectible in the air as you move around ...


And so my shelf is sagging a little bit more now, but this perfume is definitely worth making space for if you enjoy gourmands - and even if they're not your thing, you may be surprised with how delicious  & appealing this is ...

Are you a Juicy Couture fan? Which variety is your fave?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh....they both sound amazing. The only one I have tried is the original and that was years ago and to be honest I cant remember too much about it at all. Any scents with citrus included seem to be the ones that entice me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember much about the original either Fawn, only that it didn't grab me. This one is super special though if you like the creaminess of a caramel & vanilla combo ♥

      Delete
  2. I have not tried the Nior version, but I do so love the Gold one, the perfume smells amazing, and the bottle is just so pretty, The vanilla and caramel notes are just so lovely, sweet and delicious, totally my scene!! I hope you have a beautiful day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ariane, great to know your a fan of this scent too - the reviews of it are so mixed, I think it's one of those "love it or hate it" kinds, no in-between. I just love looking at the bottle! ♥

      Delete
  3. Yum Caramel and Vanilla. But for some reason, whenever I see this perfume range I think of Kim from Kath and Kim

    ReplyDelete