Friday 15 May 2015

REVIEW: Clearasil Daily Clear Superfruits Refreshing Scrub...

I don't often receive products to trial, but this arrived in the post (my first parcel at my new address!), and I was absolutely delighted as I love this scrub, and had just squeezed out the last dollop from the tube I'd had for around 6 months - perfect timing! I did a mini-review of it last November, but it deserves a whole page to itself, so here we go...


I still can't get used to the fact that Clearasil products work so well on my mature skin - in fact if it wasn't for beautyheaven sending a sample of the brilliant Daily Clear Vitamins & Extracts Wash almost two years ago, I would have continued on thinking that the Clearasil range was wholly and solely for young troubled skin. But I'm always happy to have my opinion changed, especially when I find something that works so well, and this scrub is a honey 

When it comes to bathroom products, my preference is for fruit fragrances, and this Raspberry & Cranberry combination is refreshing and zingy without being overpowering. The pretty pale pink cream is not at all difficult to dispense, but has a very thick and rich consistency - I far prefer this to some scrubs that are more liquid as they have tendency to slip through my fingers, and that means waste..


You can see how firm it is in the above pic, and if you look closely you can also spot some teeny little deeper pink exfoliating grains. There are much finer ones too that aren't visible, but together with the Coconut and Salicylic acid, they do a beaut job of scaring away blackheads and sloughing off flaky skin cells, leaving a surface that silky smooth and ready for moisturiser and foundation...


When I first try a new scrub, I use it daily for at least a week to see how well it performs, and to find out if it's going to dry my skin at all - no such problem with this little darling. There's not even a hint of tightness, and I like the fact that my face feels super clean, but not stripped. The label actually says it can be used every day, both morning and night - at my age I reckon that's a wee bit excessive, but I'd say it's gentle enough to not cause any issues if  you are so inclined.

In my earlier review I said this was a keeper, and that's still the case. At $10.99 it's excellent value, and you can pick it up at most supermarkets If you're interested, there's a helpful skin care guide on the Clearasil website, and of course they also make a deep cleansing scrub for those folk dealing with pimples and breakouts.

Thank you Clearasil for sending me something that I know and love, precisely when I needed it 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Omg this sounds divine!!! I love how it's pink too haha it just looks appealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my faves Jasmine - put a fruit fragrance into anything that I use in the shower, and I'm sold ha ha! Yes I love the colour too ♥

      Delete
  2. I love how pink it is! I think Clearisil has been churning out some excellent products - I'd love to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such pretty packaging hey TP - and yes they're covering a much broader market these days, hope you like it too hon ♥

      Delete
  3. This sounds divine, but I don't think I'll ever give up Bioré. I alternate between the warming anti-blackhead cleanser & their mandarin scented blemish clearing scrub. When I first used Bioré I actually saw a difference in my skin for the first time. I love how a simple supermarket brand can be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bioré makes a mandarin scented scrub? Oh wow, I'm on a mission to find it then! Thanks for letting me know sweetie xxx

      Delete