Sunday 26 June 2016

EOTD'S: Too Faced, Annabelle & Maybelline Blues...

OK, time for some baby BLUES! Bit of a mix of brands that I've been playing with of late - these are all delightfully pigmented, and suitably different. First up is Blueberry Swirl from the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette. What a lovely surprise to find a gorgeous smokey blue in amongst all the chocolatey hues...



My base was Chi Chi Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Boys Boys Boys - applied the Blueberry all over the lid except for the inner corner, and then blended a smidgin of Hydra from the Sleek Hall of Fame palette from the inner corner. Waterline was Eye of Horus Scarab Sapphire Goddess Pencil...


Foundation was Rimmel Lasting Finish, cheeks were Ulta3 Pretty Plum Bluch, lips were BYS Fine Wine... 


Form my accessories I chose a mix of powdery light and dark blue - the bracelets and earrings were from Lovisa, and the necklace was a bargain from Millers...



Next is a gorgeous blue from an Annabelle Haute Mer palette that my beautiful friend Amy from Health and Beauty Girl gifted to me  It's a Canadian brand I'm not familiar with at all, but I love the formula and the boldness of the hue - very creamy and very little fallout. There's some stunning greys in the quad as well which you'll see at some stage in the not too distant future...


Base was Eye of Horus Scarab Sapphire Goddess Pencil, and I used the Teal Malachite one on the waterline for some extra oomph...


For my face I tried a new foundation - Australis Stayput. It's excellent, a beaut colour match, max coverage and it sure stays put Cheeks were the third pan from the BYS Heart Skipped A Beat trio, lips were NYC Blossom. This lippie was another pressie from darling Amy - my first ever try of NYC lipsticks, and I'm impressed with the density, intensity and moisturising qualities of the formula...


Kept the jewellery pretty low key as I was wearing such a busy print top...



And this last one is from one of my go-to palettes - the Sapphire Maybelline Hyper Diamonds palette that never lets me down...


Base was Chi Chi Boys Boys Boys Waterproof Gel Eyeliner, and I added that to the waterline as well. Been a while since I used a relatively light colour in this area - not sure that I like it so much, but it does seem to make my skimpy lower lashes stand out a bit more...


Face was Rimmel Lasting Finish again, cheeks were Savvy Satin Magenta Cheek & Lip Colour topped with Hourglass Ambient Mood Exposure, lips were Maybelline Pink So Chic ColorDrama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil...


I normally only wear pastel blue in the warmer weather, but my usual rampant boredom kicked in and I made an exception lol. The blue heart pendant is Russian Blue crystal (laboratory grown)...


Hope you're keeping warm lovelies!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you like the Annabelle palette and that it's pigmented. Annabelle is a great line but can be hit or miss. Can't wait to see the other look your create with the palette! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous bright and deep blue Amy - turned out even better than it looked in the pan! Thank you again my dear - I have lots planned for this palette ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Being obsessed with blue, naturally I love this post. :o) Really digging the 2nd look - the use of Teal Malachite on the waterline makes the whole look pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you like blue Shell - not many gals are keen on it for eye looks, but I was very happy with how that particular one turned out. I really like the contrast colour too ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. I love that Blueberry Swirl & those EOH pencils are still going strong. I love the Pink so Chic lippy - the name doesn't fit, but it's a great winter colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With you on the name neurotic - hardly what I'd call pink (more like deep berry or shiraz) but it's SO good for the chilly season xxx

      Delete