Monday 27 June 2016

REVIEW: Bulgari Omnia Crystalline EDT...

At last you are mine! Have wanted this gem from Bvlgari for yonks, and when it appeared in the recent Priceline Pink Dot Sale catalogue, I jumped at the chance to score it at a great price. For me it's actually a Spring/Summer fragrance, but sometimes the bargains appear in the opposite seasons, and I'm thrilled to have this in the cupboard for when the chilly winds have moved on to another part of the globe...


This is my second Bvlgari Omnia fragrance (the other is Indian Garnet), and my third in what I classify in the "crystal" perfume category (the other two are Versace Bright Crystal Absolu and Lanvin Eclat d’Arpège). They are all fruity florals, but there's a crispness, a coolness and nose-tingling quality that sets them apart from the other similar blends in my collection - it's almost like they contain fragments of snow or ice. Perhaps this is what other folks refer to as "aquatic"? Whatever it is, I'm hooked!


One major difference between Omnia Crystalline and the other two is that it is an EDT, so it's not quite so long lasting, nor so potent, and therefore perfect for hot sticky days when I want something more subtle. Still it lasts a good three to four hours on my skin, and it's truly magnificent from beginning to end. It has a woody almost spicy base which balances out the sweetness of the opening Nashi Pear notes, although my nose picks up more lemon than apple/pear. There's also Lotus Flower, Bamboo, Cassia, Guaiac Wood, Tea, Oakmoss and Musk listed in this magical blend...


ADORE IT! The packaging is divine, and I feel refreshed and cooled just looking at the silver & glass bottle. Apparently it was released in 2005 - just goes to show how big the fragrance rock is that I've been living under lol. Bvlgari actually classifies it as White Floral Woody, but all I know is that I just love the combination of fruit, flowers, and spicy wood. Come to me Summer so I can envelop myself in this clear and light crystal delight 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party is on again - the fun starts at 6:30am, so set your alarm ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lol it sure is Amy - ultra-fresh, an ideal hot weather scent, plus it's not overpowering ♥

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a delightfully fruity floral fragrance and in such a cute bottle too ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely one Angela - the bottle is super pretty, although it's a little awkward to grasp for spritzing. I'll have to practice ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Loving the sound of this - will give it a sniff if I ever see it not behind glass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, the old inaccessibility issue looms large so often hey Beth - just think how much more they'd sell if it wasn't so locked down ♥

      Delete
  4. I think I may have had a sniff of this recently (or another Bulgari one), but I can't remember whether I liked it or not. The description sounds alright, even though I'm not a fan of woody scents. I think I'll have to check it out again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shell I have the same problem! There's quite a few in the range, but the last time I specifically only tried this one so I wouldn't get confused lol. I actually read about it on another gal's blog xxx

      Delete
  5. This sounds amazing! Will be spritzing the tester next time I'm in DJ's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like crisp and sparkling, then it's well worth a try Di ♥x♥

      Delete
  6. I love your description of this fragrance. I really want to spritz a sample of it next time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the sound of it Ingrid. Very similar to Versace Bright Crystal - not as potent, but just as crisp and fresh xxx

      Delete
  7. Bulgari seems like such a luxe brand to me. Is it the same brand which make million dollar diamond jewellery? If so this must be a complete steal and I bet it also smells like a million bucks! ;) I love interesting designed perfume bottles. This one takes the cake! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Candy - there was a time when I thought I wouldn't ever be able to own anything made by them, but things change, and this fragrance range is certainly affordable. I love the design of the bottle - quite different from anything else ♥x♥

      Delete
  8. Great review Kats! I'm not into fragrances but the way you described this one, makes me want it! Tal xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well fortunately we're all into different things Tal - that's what makes the world go round! I've loved perfume since I was knee high to a grasshopper, and nowadays I feel naked without it lol ♥

      Delete
  9. Can't believe it lasts 3-4 hours. I swear my perfume barely last a couple hours! Very stunning packaging too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh skin chemistry - it's a science all its own Mel, and one I'll never fathom that's for sure. Some reviewers of this fragrance say it vanishes in half an hour, while others reckon they can smell it the next day! xxx

      Delete
  10. Ohh this sounds so nice. The packaging confuses me slightly haha but still gorgeous xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous Jasmine - the bottle reminds me of links in a chain, unusual, and a wee bit tricky to dispense, but I love it's uniqueness ♥x♥♥x♥♥x♥

      Delete