Sunday 16 April 2017

REVIEW: Dolce & Gabbana Floral Drops EDT...

This Dolce & Gabbana perfume is one I've been longing to add to my collection for a while now - I was actually intending to buy the Dolce EDP, but selected the wrong product when I ordered online from Priceline during one of their sales, and ended up with this ever so pretty Floral Drops EDT variation. While disappointed to not get my hands on the more potent EDP, there was no way I was going to send it back lol! Besides this is perfect for Spring and Summer days in the office - fresh, crisp, delicate, and in no way intrusive ...


It's classified as a Fresh Floral, but to me it's opening notes have an Aquatic characteristic that almost conjures up the beach rather than a flower garden. The initial spray is quite green with an apple edge, but it's actually neroli leaves and papaya flower. After a few minutes, the white flowers at it's heart start to bloom - the main one is South African amaryllis, and this magnificent "lily" is supported by water lily & daffodil. Such a pretty and feminine scent, and despite a base of cashmere, sandalwood and musk, this is one perfume you could comfortably wear in close proximity to others as it stays quite close to the skin. I can still catch little wafts around me after two hours, and it's detectable on my wrist for at least another two...


The bottle is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen - palest frosted green glass with a creamy carved floral cap, and a black ribbon around the neck. This is not one to carry around in your purse though - the glass base is solid and thick, making the whole thing quite heavy. But the bottle is easy to grasp for decanting, and I actually love the comfort and luxury of its weight - no fear of it ever toppling over, and I think it would take a sledge hammer to make a dent in it lol ...


The RRP of this 75ml bottle is $133, but I paid half that on special. Now that I've done this review, I'll be putting this treasure away probably till September when I'll be even more appreciative of it's freshness and the lift it gives to my heart  Although it's most certainly wearable all year round, it smells exactly like a dew-laced Spring morning, and I've already trotted out my warming amber orientals to get me through the cold months...

Have you tried either Dolce or Dolce Floral Drops?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I do like the sound of it, and love the bottle, so luxe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely fragrance Beth - every now and then I enjoy being a little more subtle, and this is the perfect scent for my not-so-loud days lol xxx

      Delete