Sunday 2 April 2017

CONFESSIONS: Of a Body Washaholic (part 20) - Dove...

For many reasons I'm so glad I attended the Bloggers United AU Event last November. One big one was being reminded just how skin-loving Dove Body Washes are  I was a fan of their Go Fresh Nectarine variety years ago, but they stopped making that particular flavour (well I couldn't/can't find it any more), and I moved on to explore the offerings from other brands. But at the event, we were gifted with a bottle of both the Aqua Moisture and Triple Moisturising varieties, and I loved them so much, I went out and bought the Cucumber & Green Tea one so I'd have a trio of hydrating heavyweights to look after my skin now that the cooler weather has arrived ...



Dove Go Fresh Fresh Touch Body Wash - Cucumber & Green Tea Scent


What a lovely fragrance this has - there's a delightful freshness to it, and despite cucumber always conjuring up a "cooling" mental image, this blend with the Green Tea will work beautifully for me all year round.  Whatever this Nutrium stuff is, it works a treat on dry skin. I haven't been able to figure out why it is that as soon as the temperature starts dropping below 20 degrees celsius, my bod starts demanding extra hydration - I wondered if it's because I start wearing long sleeved tops and camisoles, and there's some sort of friction thing happening, but more likely the pores shrink a bit and therefore don't produce as much natural oil (wish they'd shrink on my face lol!). Whatever the reason it's a fact that I have to switch my products once we get past March, and this pastel green body cleanser delivers the right amount of enriching juice to keep my skin supple and soft ...


Dove Aqua Moisture Nourishing Body Wash 


Love this one too - an unidentifiable florally scent that's refreshing without being overpowering, and it's such a pretty pale pearly aqua colour. I much prefer a body wash to produce a soft lather rather than lots of soapy bubbles, and this Aqua Moisture is creamy, calming and soothing.  Incidentally, all of these containers are easily manageable with wet hands, and the flip top cap snaps shut without leaking - when the contents are down to about one third, I always up-end the bottle in the shower caddy for quicker dispensing (the liquid is very thick), and none of these have ever leaked ...


Dove Triple Moisturising Nourishing Body Wash


I my beauty book, this Triple Moisturising variety is the jewel in Dove's crown of body washes. The clean powdery fragrance is an absolute delight, and the formula is so incredibly lush that I don't need a body moisturiser after showering with this gem. What I find particularly interesting is that while my skin feels like satin, it doesn't leave the floor of the shower feeling slippery or slimy. The plan was to hang onto this until the really cold weather when I need that extra boost of nourishment, but after trying it once, there was no hope of it going back into the cupboard for later. It's also terrific for when I'm shaving my legs, after which I ALWAYS need to moisturise, but not with this body wash. Now that's a time-saver as well as a skin-saver. It's actually no wonder this luscious shower treat gets a 5-star rating on beautyheaven, and has won two Best in Beauty Awards ...


The recommended retail price of these 375ml bottles is $7.36, but they're often on special at supermarkets, chemists and Priceline, plus they're also available in the giant 1 litre size (with pump) for $12.99. There's also an exfoliating one in the range which I'm keen to try...

So delighted to have discovered these three - this might just be the first Winter where I don't experience my usual snakeskin crack and peel, especially on my legs. Thank you again Dove and Bloggers United AU 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment