Saturday 29 April 2017

REVIEW: Vera Wang Be Jeweled Rouge EDP...

A number of Vera Wang fragrances have captured my heart over the years - I have two versions of Lovestruck (original and Floral Rush), and the most recent addition was Princess Revolution last September. Still exploring her range, so when I used up the last drop of the first Be Jeweled, I decided to replace it with Be Jeweled Rouge, which I love even more than the original ...


It's a similar theme of course - a fresh berry floral, but unlike it's predecessor, this one lasts a good 4 hours. Interestingly I usually keep my fruity florals for Spring and Summer, but this darling has enough oomph to survive the cooler months, I think because of the vanilla content. It starts off with a tantalising burst of red currant and pomegranate, but the fruit is almost instantly partnered with gardenia, pink peony, and vanilla, and they all live happily ever after on a base of praline, cashmere wood and musk. It's really quite beautiful - like other "rouge" fragrances, it kinda smells pink, if you know what I mean. Zesty and sweet enough for the young at heart, but the dry down is sufficiently sophisticated for more mature gals...

There's something about Vera Wang bottles that always appeal to me - they're girly, some might say gaudy, but when I reach for a perfume, I want to be reminded of my femininity even before I spritz, and this faceted crystal and bejewelled flacon does that every time ...

Classified as a floral oriental, I'm more inclined to say floral fruit gourmand. I bought the 50ml bottle last year at a local chemist for around $30, sadly I can't seem to find it anywhere online except on eBay or Amazon, so I guess it isn't all that popular- a pity as it's a gem of a scent ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment