Sunday 22 July 2018

REVIEW: Maybelline Total Temptation...

I'm always excited to have the opportunity to road test ANY beauty product, but when it's makeup, my happy dance goes on for quite a bit longer lol! And to my delight last month beautyheaven invited me to trial three gems from the new Maybelline Total Temptation range - Mascara, Brow Definer, and the Shadow + Highlighter Palette, all beautifully presented in this gorgeous flavour-of-the-month (or is it the year?) peachy packaging ...


The Shadow + Highlighter Palette is one of the prettiest I've seen in a while. I love that the lid is clear so I can see the colours and appreciate it's beauty all the time, nor do I have to open it when I'm checking if it coordinates with an outfit  The eyeshadow pans are a mix of warm (left) and cool (right) shades, mattes and shimmery finishes, and there's one gorgeous pastel pink containing sparkly bits (second from the top on the right). All colours are deliciously pigmented, creamy and super easy to blend (yes even the mattes!) and there are "Look" suggestions on the back of the box for those who appreciate a little application guidance. The highlighters are nothing short of divine - a matching gold and lilaccy-pink that can be as subtle or as out-there as you wish, depending of course on how much you apply ...


Below are some 3-finger-swipe swatches - a bit wonky (swatching is definitely NOT my forte) as my camera just doesn't do them justice, but it gives you an idea of the intensity and finish of each of the pans - so gorgeous! ...

Left - artificial light, Right - flash
Left - artificial light, Right - flash
Highlighters

The Brow Definer is my dream brow product - it's a wind-up cream-to-powder stick (more cream than powder) in a diamond shape, which means there are sharp angles for creating a crisp outline, and a wider flat side for filling in. There's also a fluffy baby spoolie on the other end, which I use for grooming both before and after application. We were able to choose the shade, and I went with Blonde (300) - the perfect neutral taupe that's neither too ashy nor too golden  My brows are almost non-existent, and this little darling gives me the most natural looking result ever. I've been using their Brow Satin for yonks, but this is an even better match for my skin tone and (latest) hair colour - adore! ...


I have to admit my hopes sank when I read that the Mascara (Blackest Black) was washable. While that might be a bonus for some gals because it's SO easy to remove, my eyes are drippy at the best of times, and when the wind blows or I'm watching a soppy movie you can forget it, so I always ALWAYS go for a waterproof formula. However, the wand is so effective and the volume and length result from the tapered brush so awesome that I've been using it for weeks, but adding a layer of waterproof The Falsies over the top, and have not had a problem with flaking or smudging (or the dreaded panda eyes) at all. The tube is solid and feels comfortable and balanced in my hand - the finish is matte and tends to get a bit grubby, but wipes clean in a flash ...


In fact, I was so impressed with how fabulous this makes my lashes look, I bought the waterproof variety (Very Black) so I can reap all the lush lash benefits using it solo. Found it at Priceline - the brush isn't as tapered, but still as effective at catching every last little wisp, and the tube is a pretty pale aqua ...


So many of my can't-live-without makeup items are by Maybelline, and now I have three more to add to the list. Muchas gracias beautyheaven and Maybelline! 

Have you tried any products from the Total Temptation range?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. Such an awesome trial. I really love that palette the shades are just so very beautiful and I am finding it a Total temptation. *sigh* I really cant spend at the moment. Im travelling in a few weeks and need all my pennies for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that problem all the time Fawn - I'm getting better at resisting, but not with lipsticks lol! Wishing you a wonderful trip - keep safe and well ♥

      Delete
  2. So pleased you got this trial too, Kats. I loved it but would have loved it more if my reviews had gone into the right places! Early review because of holidays with the link stating simply, Maybelline 1, 2, 3 - this was corrected after I emailed but not the product mish mash for a few members. The palette is as lovely as I've seen in ages. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Trish, what is wrong with those techie gurus at bh? Surely to goodness they can move the reviews into the correct category - I was lucky they'd sorted it all out before I hit the submit button. So thrilled you scored this lovely makeup set - I just adore the palette! I'm not big on flashy shimmery highlighters, but this one I can handle ha ha - hugs! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. Ooh so tempting but just like my lipsticks I have too many eyeshadows (but not nearly as many lipsticks as you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okatko - I have more palettes than I can use too, but I didn't have to buy this one so it's ok right? Lol ♥

      Delete
  4. I'm surprised that Maybelline didn't make a separate cool & a warm palette. I can see myself using the right side often, but not the left side.

    I'm with you on waterproof mascara! - why buy anything else?

    ReplyDelete