Wednesday 3 April 2019

REVIEW: DKNY Be Delicious City Blossom Urban Violet EDT...

Never enough - that's how I feel about fragrance  It doesn't matter how many bottles are on my shelf, there's always another that captures my heart, and my most recent ticker entrapment was orchestrated by DKNY Be Delicious Limited Edition Urban Violet.  If you've a passion for violets and soft, powdery florals with a splash of fruit, then you will fall in love with Urban Violet, just like I have ...


There are around 60 variations in the Be Delicious range, the majority in similar almost spherical bottles, which are cute-as, but a challenge to photograph (reflections!) and actually quite difficult to handle when you want to decant the perfume into something more purse-friendly, but I won't hold that against Ms Karan because she designs such glorious everyday scents for the young at heart. I have two others - Skin Fresh Blossom EDP (reviewed HERE) and Eau So Intense (reviewed HERE) and was therefore already familiar with this particular DNA...


And so as luck would have it, the universe was most definitely looking after my interests a few Saturdays ago when I popped into the local Priceline Beauty Store that was closing down (sob!) and spotted this fabulously purple elixir all alone on a "Clearance" table for $10. $10? Are you serious? I took it to the counter to have it checked, and sure enough, that was the price. So my perfume stars had aligned yet again, and this fruity fresh floral precious was mine ...

Released in 2014, her opening notes are a green burst of apple blossom, crisp red berries and juicy mandarin, followed by a garden bed of freesia petals, and then...and then...the violets raise their pretty heads and start swaying in the breeze, their soft scent wafting up into the fragrant cloud that by now is surrounding me. Sigh. A few blissful minutes later, the sandalwood, musk and orris lend their support to the fruit and flowers, and then this fresh, fun and carefree strictly all-girl band plays the Urban Violet symphony on my skin for the next few hours ...


Despite being a limited edition, Priceline still has this 50ml bottle on their website for $49. She's an absolute darling, and I only wish she was an EDP just so I wouldn't have to spritz quite so frequently, and the bottle would have a better chance of lasting me a full season. As it is, the level has already dropped considerably, but I'm putting what's left of this sweetheart away till next Spring when I'll dust her down, polish her mirror cap, and we'll blossom and bloom fragrantly together ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. Well you scored a bargain...go you. I am working so very, very hard to down tune my perfume collection as its getting out of hand....the more i work at it the less it appears that im doing anything ...LOL Im such an addict and reading your posts on perfumes is not helping as you make them sound so divine that I want each and every one you have blogged about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't believe my luck Fawn - I was devastated when they closed down the big beauty store, but I can't complain about the bargains I scored (this wasn't the only one, although it was the only perfume). I feel your pain as regards reducing your fragrance collection, sorry I'm not helping! As you can tell I've given up because they just bring me too much pleasure ♥

      Delete
  2. OMG I LOVE violets! So does my sister, whose birthday is coming up! This sounds divine! What amazing luck to snavel it up for only $10! Needless to say, I'm now planning a trip to Priceline.

    Great review, thanks, katshepsutt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm still counting my lucky stars misfortune8 - when I spotted it I thought for that price it MUST be a tester, but it was sealed in cellophane. Yowser! Hope you can find it and that your sister loves it too xxx

      Delete
    2. I bought two! One for me & one for my sister's birthday. I agree that the scent could be stronger because I have to reapply, but the violet is just heavenly!

      Delete
    3. Oh wow I'm chuffed that you love it too misfortune8 - I'm so looking forward to wearing it again xxx

      Delete
  3. $10!! What a score! I’m sure it smells divine! I love the original green apple but sadly cannot buy anymore haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Tigerlily! Ahh yes the original Be Delicious was a revelation for me the first time I smelled it, hadn't come across anything remotely like it before, and it's still a fave xxx

      Delete