Saturday 6 April 2019

REVIEW: Nutrimetics Silk Crème Lipsticks...

Nutrimetics recently introduced a new lipstick to their range - nc Silk Crème - and I took advantage of the March pre-launch pack which included three from the collection. Being a massive fan of their ultra-moist Hydra Brilliance lipsticks (rave review HERE), I was hoping these would be just as fabulous (but probably not quite as glossy) and I sure wasn't disappointed ...

These are truly stunners, and if you like your formula to be rich but with less shine, and a whole lot longer wearing, you're going to adore them. The packaging is ultra-luxe - square mirrored silver cases (that are a nightmare to photograph btw!) with the now-popping-up-everywhere magnetic snap closure. Just like the name, the formula is creamy and silky and has a satin finish which sets to a semi-matte velvety finish that is SUPREMELY comfortable to wear, and will last for hours - score! The pigmentation is rich, lustrous and incredibly dense, so much so you'll only need a couple of swipes for brilliant colour depth and intensity ...

L to R: Coco Rose, Violet, Scarlet
The shades that came in the pack were Coco Rose, Violet & Scarlet - these last two are right up my alley colour-wise, but I know the Coco Rose will be too pale for my taste, and I might just have to give that one away, so keep reading ...

Violet


More of a berry pink than a violet, this is still my kind of shade - just beautiful! Not too bright and yet bold enough to say hello in any language. I wore this on Friday with an aqua and navy blue outfit (perfect!) and reapplied it...ONCE...after lunch. All the while my lips stayed supple and hydrated, and even when it started to wear off, there was still plenty of stain left. ...


Scarlet


Oh wow, the perfect Winter red - deep, warm and luscious, and maximum vamp impact without the fire-engine horn blaring. I put this to the test (magically teamed with an all-grey outfit), and again I reapplied it only once throughout the day - the hue deepens a little over time because the satin finish becomes more matte-ish as it wears, and yet my lips never feel dry. Crikey, I'm in love! ...


Coco Rose



This rose shade with a hint of brown is SO pretty, but it will be wasted on me, so I haven't swatched it and only opened it to take the photo. I'm sure it would suit one of you gals, so I'm giving it away, along with a matching nc Velvet Crème Lip Pencil in the shade Rose, plus an nc Pencil Sharpener! If you're interested, let me know in the comments section what outfit you'd wear it with, and I'll choose a winner ...

These lipsticks are truly gorgeous. There are 12 in the range, they retail for $32, have barely any fragrance, they're paraben free and not tested on animals. I plan on picking up a few more shades (like Rhubarb, Mocha, Plum & Chilli) as they're on special at the moment - two for $45, which is a beaut deal ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. I think the Coco Rose might be a little pale for me, too. I LOVE the look of the Violet. The tube is gorgeous. Is the mirror good enough to use for post-lunch touch-ups?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey misfortune8 - yes the case is a good enough mirror for touch-ups, a wee bit distorted but certainly usable. Makes my lips look thinner - maybe I should get a full length one for my bedroom lol!

      Delete
    2. Haha! Sounds like a good idea! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my ...what wonderful shades. Im very much into vibrant reds at the moment. I keep telling myself that I need to mix it up a little as im becoming rather predictable and im never happy with that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with going through a phase Fawn, and besides, there's nothing quite like a loud red ha ha! That's why I want the Rhubarb and Chilli ones - they're really bright xxx

      Delete
  3. I find Scarlet shade gorgeous ,the rose will be too pale for me too , violet definitely doesn't suit me ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scarlet is lovely hey Raluca, I'll be giving that quite a workout over the next few months. I think I'll try the Coco Rose on myself - who knows, it might be perfect! xxx

      Delete