Sunday 5 May 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite March 2019 LOTD's...

Given I have such an acute obsession with lipstick, I've always wanted to send a massive "thank you!" into the ether to whoever invented it. So I did a bit of digging (aka googling) and yes, no one knows who came up with it, but the practice of colouring the lips can be traced back at least 5,000 years. And in those early days, red lip colourant was often extracted from highly toxic substances that eventually poisoned the wearer, and apparently, this is where the term "kiss of death" comes from. Whoa - who knew? Fast forward to today when we still need to be careful with what we use to decorate our pouts, but fortunately, there is a multitude of choices available, both in formulation ingredients and presentations, so let's just say I'm eternally grateful to anyone and everyone who has contributed to the evolution of this most magically uplifting cosmetic ...


And so here we go with the products and hues that clanged my chimes in March ...


1. Revlon Super Lustrous - Bronze Beauty. Have had this one for a long long time - according to the purists I should have tossed it 2 years ago, but it's still going strong, comfortable, no colour change and doesn't have a weird smell. Ok, so I'm not a purist lol ...
2. Mirenesse 3D Forever Gloss - Star Struck. Another one that's older than I care to admit, but I just ADORE the colour, and they don't make it any more sob ...
3. David Jones Moisture Cream - Terracotta. This autumn stunner is a long time favourite, and exactly 2 years old - I guess you can tell that I was rummaging through my aged lippie box in March! Seriously though I've had a major blitz in the last couple of months and tossed out a whole bunch so that I can rotate my precious lippies more frequently ...



4. Appeal Cosmetics Ultra Shine Liquid Lipstick - Vixen. This one hasn't made an appearance in these posts since 2017, but I have been wearing it fairly regularly - it's the ultimate in glossy red liquid lipsticks, but you definitely need a lipliner as it has a tendency to bleed, well on me anyway ...
5. Mirenesse Mattfinity Rouge - Ibiza. This one is still available - luscious formula, intense colour, supremely comfortable, but not really a matte (thank goodness!) ...
6. Rimmel The Only 1 Matte - High FlyerLove this nudey pink - I have a few from this range and they are very kind on the lips. I've binned all the ultra-drying lip products I had in my kit, but this one is a stayer ...



7. Jane Iredale Triple Luxe Long Lasting Naturally Moist - Ella. Oh oh oh, this was a freebie at the beautyheaven Glosscars event. The formula is to die for - so rich and creamy, silky smooth, and it even survived a meal. More please! ...
8. Covergirl Katy Kat Matte - Catoure. A regular in these posts, there's something about this shade that I just love on my skin, and it's also one of the non-lip-shrivelling mattes left in my collection ...
9. Lacura Photo-Fit - London. Discovered this range last November, and I've been a fan ever since. There's a fabulous red and hot pink too, but this mauve has won my heart ...



10. Maybelline Colorsensational - Pink Me Up. I admit I have now let this one go - they don't make it any more, and while it was way paler than I normally wear, I loved pairing it with the occasional pastel outfit ...
11. NYX Cosmic Metals - Fuchsia Fusion. My ultimate hot pink gloss of all time - these were a limited edition and I'm totally bummed as they were unquestionably the best metallic lip glosses I've ever tried. NYX, please reconsider!!! ...
12. Revlon Ultra HD Metal Matte Lip Color - Dazzle. One of the few matte liquid lipsticks I've kept - it's quite drying but I simply can't let this fabulous orchid purple go ...

Well lovelies, that's it for March - April will follow soon!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. I am waiting for some lipsticks to arrive from Thin Lizzy. I managed to score 5 shades in their $1 sale the other day. So I got all 5 for a grand total of $14.95...go me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey Fawn, sounds like the ultimate bargain! By the time I visited the website, everything, and I mean everything, was sold out xxx

      Delete
  2. That red lipstick is absolutely gorgeous , I bet you have an impressive collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a stunner Raluca? That's what I call RED lol. I have quite a few in my kit, but I'm in the middle of a big cleanout - some of them are very old, and some are just too drying to wear comfortably. It's hard for me to let go of them, but I'm determined xxx

      Delete
  3. I love going through all these lip pics, one by one. That NYX Fuchsia really jumps off the screen! I don't toss my makeup when I should, either. As long as it doesn't look or smell funny, I keep using it! I say, why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one misfortune8 - actually I read an article the other day that said you should toss your perfume after 12 months too. What? Ridiculous!

      Delete