Sunday 21 July 2019

REVIEW: July Bellabox...

When I was made redundant last year, I thought it best to cancel all my subscriptions until I landed a new job, and I sure have missed the parcels of goodies that used to turn up every month from various sources. And even though I've been working fairly steadily since then, I haven't re-subscribed to anything because it was the perfect opportunity to use up the ton of products I had stashed away - a task I've only just recently managed to (almost) complete. But then as luck would have it, last week the generous folks at Bellabox kindly sent me their July pack to review, and after grazing through the terrific contents, and seeing the value, I'm sorely tempted to make this monthly offering my next adventure ...

July Bellabox contents

No doubt some of you are familiar with this particular sub, but for those of you who aren't, let's take a closer look at what's in this month's box...

Luna by Luna Eyeshadow ($15)


Luna by Luna Eyeshadow

The shade I received was Miracle - a gorgeous shimmery plum that's smooth as silk and blends like a dream. Delighted to have a compact single pan to slip into my makeup bag in case I need to pat on a little more during the day, although I doubt I'll need to - this seems to have excellent staying power, and it's cruelty-free ...

MODELCO Highlighting Shimmer Whip ($12)

ModelCo Highlighting Shimmer Whip

This is a stunning cream luminiser in the shade Champagne - the prettiest soft gold with an amazing metallic sheen. I'm not a big user of highlighter - I usually just dust a little on the top of my cheeks and the tip of my nose, but I've already tried blending a teeny bit of this liquid with my foundation, and I'm amazed at the difference it makes to my face - gives me a lovely youthful radiance without looking overdone. I also stroke a smidgin down the centre of my nose after contouring, and I far prefer the result than the powder I've been using ...

Yes to Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask (10ml, $5.99)

Yes to Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask

Haven't tried this yet, but it's scheduled in for the end of the week which is when I always ALWAYS indulge in some kind of mud mask. While I don't experience acne, my skin can always do with some detoxifying, and I'm loving the sound of the tomato, watermelon and pumpkin ingredients. The blurb says it's 96% natural, so that's a bonus too ...

Liar Wrinkle Cheater Eye Serum (12ml, $39.95)

Liar Wrinkle Cheater Eye Serum

I'm always up for a new eye product, and this clear serum is 100% natural, cruelty-free and vegan, and has a lovely fresh scent. With a metal rollerball applicator, it feels icy cold in the current Sydney temperatures, so I'm stashing this away till the weather warms up a bit. Specifically for reducing wrinkle depth and preventing new ones forming, I'll report back on this via one of my Empties posts later in the year. Love the writing on the tube - "Tell them your real age, they'll never believe you" ...

Coco & Eve Like a Virgin Super Nourishing Coconut & Fig Hair Masque (212ml, $64.90)

Coco & Eve hair treatment

Can't wait to try this when I next shampoo - it smells SO good, and the instructions say it only needs to stay on for 10 minutes. Cruelty-free and vegan, it's also minus any sulfates or parabens and is designed to restore damaged hair, tame the frizzies, and deliver lots of hydration and shine. Sounds like my kind of hair product ...

Plunkett's Nutri-Synergy Working Hands Intensive Repair Treatment 

Plunketts Working Hands

I actually have a half-finished tube of this magical hand repairer in my bedside table drawer - I've been sidetracked with three others that came my way, but it will appear in my Empties post in the next month or so. Absolutely BRILLIANT hand cream - totally unglamorous, but boy does it work, and it absorbs completely ...

I've checked out the contents of previous boxes, and they all seem to be of the same excellent quality. Bellabox costs $19.95 per month, and the fact that there will always be five sample-sized products is especially appealing as there's no chance my bench will become overloaded again with a whole bunch of stuff that I'll struggle to finish. And the bonus is that anything I try that I love, I can probably buy from their website. I've lost count of the number of beauty items from other subscription services that I adored, but could never purchase because they simply weren't available in Australia...

Thank you Bellabox for the opportunity to sample your terrific product - I love that there's a mix of skincare, hair and makeup items, so this is a winner!

What say you lovelies - does this sound like your kind of thing, or are you already a customer?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

14 comments:

  1. I used to have a Subscription to the Lust have it boxes that a dear friend of mine purchased as a gift for me but to be honest although the goodies in the box were lovely the service left a lot to be desired. I had monthly battles with them to get my boxes delivered. Its a long story that I wont go into but I was kind of glad when they came to an end along with my subscription.
    I singed up to The Parcel and received those from the time they first started until they also came to an end. I loved The Parcel.
    Ive not tried bellabox but would love to give them a go at some point. At the moment im on a Carers Payment and a regular subscription is sadly not within my budget.

    btw....I love that magenta eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I loved The Parcel too! Bummer that it all folded - I discovered some awesome products through that sub. Wearing the eyeshadow tomorrow ♥

      Delete
  2. I really like to the Yes To masks, looking forward to seeing what you think! The Coco & Eve masque looks yummy is too.Fig one of my favourite scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'll certainly report back somewhere in a post here Nyssa - I haven't tried any of the Yes To masks as yet. And I'm a fig fragrance fanatic too ♥

      Delete
  3. I'd be interested in hearing how you go with the eye serum. I had one with a similar roller ball applicator and found it tugged at the undereye area which felt awful. Curious to see how this one fares over time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch that doesn't sound good Mayday - I'm usually a squeeze-and-pat kinda gal, so I too am interested to see how this performs ♥

      Delete
  4. I never subscribed to a beauty box, this one looks tempting :-) And the eye wrinkle serum looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lots of fun Raluca - choosing the one that suits you best is the hardest though, and some subs aren't consistent with the quality of their products. Bellabox looks great though!

      Delete
  5. I got exactly the same box as you Kats! I saw on Instagram someone received the July but it had slightly different contents so I'm a bit confused lol. Interested to hear your thoughts on the Liar Wrinkle Cheater as I haven't seen much change around my eyes myself!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Di, snap! Looking at their website they have 16 possible products listed for the box, so I guess they just choose a random 5, and it's the luck of the draw. Yes I will definitely report back on the eye serum, although I'll finish the one I have opened first lol xxx

      Delete
  6. I've used the Nutrimetics roller ball eye cream and I prefer that method of application. I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be posting my thoughts Okatko - I'm still in seek mode for my HG eye cream ♥

      Delete
  7. You got a nice mix of products there! I love the look of that plum eyeshadow! Plum is such a flattering shade! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its's a pretty one misfortune8 - have worn it several times a week since it arrived. I usually avoid any eyeshadow with red in it (red and old eyes do NOT go together) but this colour I can wear no trouble ♥

      Delete