Sunday 10 January 2021

REVIEW: Olay 5 in 1 Clean Vitamin C Scrubs

My commitment to a regular skincare routine didn't get off the ground until I was in my 50's, and while I wish I'd developed a passion for looking after my skin at a much earlier age, one thing I've always used regularly is a facial scrub. I started using them in my early 30's, but only once a week, and of course 30 years ago (gulp!) there wasn't the range there is today. These days I'm a scrubaholic, and there's not a day that goes by that I don't use one of a variety of scrubs in the shower every morning to encourage cell turnover, whisk away the dead bits, maintain a smooth complexion, and help keep my blackheads at bay. They range from what I would call "strong" (heavy-duty sloughing) all the way down to "gentle" (microfoliant) and I choose what I use each day depending on how my skin feels. Loving the Regenerist Anti-Aging Scrub as I do, I was excited to spot this new range of  Olay 5 in 1 Clean Vitamin C Scrubs at the supermarket, and even more excited when they were recently on special ...


All three are designed to brighten, deeply cleanse, gently exfoliate, remove excess oil and overall refresh the complexion, and I find they all work a treat for me. The ingredients are similar as is the exfoliation strength, but there are a few differences - it really just depends what particular flavour takes my fancy on the day...

Hydrating - Vitamin C + Caviar Lime


The Caviar Lime version smells particularly refreshing with its distinctively citrus tang - there's no lime actually listed in the ingredients, but there is grapefruit and bergamot extract. It's a smooth slightly tinted white cream/gel that's the perfect consistency for me - not too runny or too firm, and while the beads are quite fine, they sure do soften and smooth my face. Made of silica, they eventually dissolve as you massage them in. I've experienced zero irritation from this scrub - can't say I've noticed any hydration benefits, but it does a great job of prepping my skin for the remainder of my routine ...

Detoxifying - Vitamin C + Black Charcoal


This was the first one I bought - wasn't aware of the others in the range at the time, but being a charcoal nut, it was a done deal even if I had spotted the other two. Very similar consistency to the Caviar Lime one - the creamy liquid has a slightly greyish tinge, and I use this one when my skin feels a little more oily than usual, which is invariably when the weather is warmer. The fragrance is light and very pleasant, and I guess you could say it is reminiscent of charcoal. Also contains peppermint oil and menthol although my nose doesn't detect their presence ...

Pore Perfecting - Vitamin C + Dragon Fruit


As I often do, I've saved my fave for last. I have 15 other scrubs in my shower rack (see I told you I was a scrubaholic!), but this is the one I reach for most often. The exfoliating beads are finer than the other two in the set, and the fragrance is just so deliciously tropical, even though there are no fruit extracts listed in the ingredients, not even Dragon Fruit! Interestingly this is the only one of the three to contain SLS, but I've not had any adverse reaction - it's a fair way down in the list, so I imagine the quantity is minimal, but it might explain why this pinkish cream foams a little more than the others ...

Overall I'm loving these scrubs, and so does my face. The packaging is cheerful, the squeezy flip-top tubes make for easy dispensing with wet hands, and I'm always delighted when I can pick up skincare during my weekly grocery shop. While the RRP $18.99 price tag might seem a little hefty, like all Olay products, they seem to be on special regularly and I picked up two of these for $12.99, which is far more purse-friendly ...

Have you tried any of these scrubs yet - which is your favourite?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. Well you know how much I love Olay products. Im really interested to try thsi range. I will make sure that the Dragonfruit one is top of my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed Fawn! They are all excellent products - it's just that the Dragon Fruit one appeals most to my nose, delish! ♥

      Delete
  2. I have not tried these yet, but they sound awesome, and such great value too. Guess what, I love exfoliating too, I am a scrubaholic and a maskaholic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love masking too Ariane - the combination of the two make a huge difference to my skin ♥

      Delete
  3. Great mini-review, Kats! I think the dragonfruit one would suit my skin best, but I love charcoal, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll enjoy either one misfortune8! ♥

      Delete
  4. 15 Scrubs! Wow! I'm currently using a Biore one. But I imagine that there might be an Olay scrub in the next Priceline goody bag (whenever that might be)

    ReplyDelete