Sunday 31 January 2021

REVIEW: Urban Rituelle Natural Hand & Body Wash and Purifying Face Scrub...

My love affair with Urban Rituelle products goes back, way back - at least 7 years in fact. A search on my blog reveals no less than 15 articles, and their fragrance diffusers and hand creams have made numerous appearances in my empties posts because they are exceptional - lovingly created, exquisitely presented, and the UR Team are constantly working towards developing products that are not only beneficial to our bodies (and souls) but also have the least impact on the environment ...


Recently they so kindly sent me six of the products from their new Natural Remedy range (there are 11 in total), which also includes face products - woo hoo! And I can assure you that each and every one of them is chock full of natural ingredients, an absolute pleasure to use, beautifully packaged, and all materials and ingredients used are chosen with sustainability as a priority - UR's philosophy is that their products not only have to work brilliantly, feel and look sensational, they also must be made with the greatest respect for our planet and its dwindling resources ...


I'll be reviewing all of the above in the coming weeks, but for now, I'll start with those categories that are most dear to my heart ...


Mandarin, Orange & Geranium Natural Hand & Body Wash (500ml, RRP $37.95)


I'll begin with the packaging which is a cream cardboard box made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper  The list of ingredients is impressive to me as there is only one item (2nd last) that isn't either naturally derived or certified organic, and that's Dehydroacetic Acid, which Google explains is a preservative to prevent the growth of microorganisms. Everything else is either natural or, better still, organic - things like Kakadu Plum, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Kernel Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil and Rosehip Fruit Oil. There are no sulphates, parabens, mineral oils, phthlates, synthetic colour or fragrance, and no PEGS or silicones. The dark brown bottle is made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic, and the pump dispenser is the kind you pivot left or right to open and close ...

The golden liquid inside has an almost gel-like consistency, and it smells as if it were divinely inspired - predominantly geranium, but there is also a tinge of citrus, lavender and patchouli to steer it into the realm of family-friendly rather than girls-only. I'm besotted - it's the only hand and body wash that I've EVER moved from shower stall to vanity and back again just so I could experience it more than once in the same day! I definitely need another bottle lol. The suds are creamy and fragrant, and anyone with skin prone to dryness will be blissing-out just like me as this formula is so nourishing, calming and moisturising. There is a partnering Hand and Body Lotion in the range, but I'm not even sure I need it after this! LOVE 


Mandarin, Lime & Neroli Purifying Face Scrub (100ml, RRP $25.95)


Similar recycled cardboard box with UR's Earth-friendly mission statement(s) on one side, and equally fabulous (and comforting) ingredients information on the other two. 50% of the tube is made from post-consumer plastics, it's 100% recyclable, and has what I regard as the essential flip-top cap for easy dispensing, especially in the shower. Over half of the ingredients in this beauty are organic - Aloe Leaf Juice, Kakadu Plum, Gooseberry Fruit Powder, and there's also White Kaolin Clay and Hibiscus Flower Extract. The sloughing granules are small and firm, and there's no indication as to what they are made from but I'm guessing that the Ground Bamboo Stem may be involved here. The scent is very subtle, and I would call it more earthy or natural rather than citrus-inspired - but the Mandarin, Lime & Neroli essential oils are there, just not in predominance, so scent-sensitive folks are well catered for...

As for the results, my face feels amazing. I almost always use scrubs in the shower, but I've tried this over the basin, and unlike other brands in my kit, it's super easy to completely rinse off the fine granules. Incidentally, afterwards, I paused in my skincare routine as I was distracted by something else, and by the time I got back to the remaining steps, I was delighted to observe that my skin felt fabulous as is! No tightness, no feeling as if the surface had been stripped - just deeply cleansed, super-soft and supple skin, and I massaged the rest of my products into an ultra-smooth and healthily glowing surface. Needless to say I'M HOOKED   


All Urban Rituelle products are Australian made, cruelty-free, and if you don't wish to order from their website or visit their Caringbah store, there are over 1000 stockists around the country, plus with every purchase I have made over the years, I have received a free soap - a different one each time (how do they know?) ...

Thank you Urban Rituelle for this beautiful gift, and I'm both excited & delighted to have the opportunity to review all of these stunning products in the weeks ahead. I'm so in love with what you create, and I hope your dreams filter out into the world ...

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing freebie, Kats! I hate throwing things in the bin, so I look for recyclable &, of course, Aussie-made. This range sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty awesome all round misfortune8 - I'm feeling pretty darn lucky to have the opportunity to try more than half of the range ♥

      Delete
  2. Lucky duck receiving all those lovely goodies and thanks for the great reviews. It's so good seeing so many companies are making an effort to do the right thing with their products and packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm counting my blessings Tracy ♥ Urban Rituelle sure seems committed to making a difference, and hopefully inspiring other brands to make similar changes to their production ♥

      Delete
  3. thankyou Kats, it sure sounds lovely, hope you have a gorgeous week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ariane - some parts of this week were tough going, but the weekend always makes up for it ♥

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I need to try that scrub! Also, I just love the way you presented the products in the photos, beautifully done. I can't wait to read about the other products xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do indeed Indie! And thanks so much for your fab feedback sweetie - these products are so special they deserved a bit more effort ♥

      Delete
  5. I had one of the body lotions few years ago , I think it was mandarin and basil , it was amazing , great level of hydration and beautiful scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember that one Raluca - I reckon unique and amazing scents are their speciality, and their hand creams and body lotions have always been bliss for the body ♥

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful review!! You're too kind Kats. We're so happy to read you're liking the new products xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey UR, thanks for stopping by! I'm not being kind at all - just bubbling over with excitement and enthusiasm for these stunners. It's so easy to write about things that I love ♥ Thank you again for sending me the products to try ♥

      Delete