Saturday 19 September 2015

EOTD: Sugarpill Elemental Chaos (again)...

You may have gathered we're pretty keen on PURPLE here at kats colourings - it's such a fabulously rich and comforting colour, and all the shade variations in the family have a special place in my heart. And here's an EOTD & FOTD that cements the love The main shadow I used is Sugarpill Elemental Chaos - far more purple than it appears below, but my camera does this weirdo thing with purples, and more often than not, captures them as blue. Mind you it's a phone camera, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but it's not entirely satisfactory when you're trying to portray makeup colours as they truly are...


Anyways, I used Face of Australia Pure Purple Budge-Proof Gel Eyeliner as my base, and then pressed the Elemental Chaos over the entire top lid. I then added the pinky purple pan from the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Vs Unicorns palette on the inner corner, which to my absolute delight, turned into a pretty orchid shade. To complete the set, Chi Chi Beauty School Drop Out Gel Liner went on the waterline - this has a magical shimmer to it which makes it appear multi-tonal in photos...


On my mug is Nude by Nature Liquid Mineral Foundation, cheeks are a base of Maybelline Master Glaze blush Stick in Make A Mauve with the nearest  I have to a purple powder blush by bhcosmetics over the top. Lips are the sensational MBA Cosmetics Paranormal, slicked with Chi Chi Chandelier Gloss in The Privileged. The purple heart Swarovski jewellery was a gift from my darling Dad, who has indulged (and therefore encouraged) my love of this colour since I was a young'un



If you like purple, you're in the right place - I'll ALWAYS post something (more likely lots of) purple every month!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. Keep the purple a-coming! I've got a liptember lippy in a similar mauve shade. Those hearts are divine too. You look amazing Kat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can count on me neurotic - you know I adore purple, but the lippies some companies are coming out with lately are just fab. I remember a time when I went into Priceline (this was years ago) and asked the Manager if she had any in any brand, and she looked at me and said "I think we have one for the goths" - lol! What she showed me wasn't even what I'd call purple ♥

      Delete
    2. Ha ha! I bought the purple NYX Wicked lippy from Target. It should be labelled for goths only. What the blue blazes was going through my middle-aged mind? (I wish I'd read the bh reviews first, the colour payoff isn't the best) I'll use it as a blending shade I think.

      Delete
    3. Golly I haven't even looked at the NYX one yet! Won't bother if the pigmentation isn't so hot - thanks for letting me know hon ♥ I haven't worn any of my purple lippies "straight" - I always cut them with a gloss, but yes you can mix them with something else to soften them down xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetheart - some days it all comes together a lot more easily than others ♥ Still looking for a purple blush though, can't find one for the life of me...

      Delete
  3. The look is fabulous, as usual and the lippie is so "out there" but it looks fabulous. You really do have the most incredible gift with colour combination, Kats.
    Love,
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish my dear, thanks so much - purple lippie is about as out there as I'm prepared to go at this stage. There's some stunning lipsticks in greens and blues (and black of course) but I don't think I'll be going there any time soon - maybe in the next life lol ♥

      Delete
  4. Now where was that purple in the 70s...would have matched my purple halter dress perfectly.

    Love this look kats, the colour certainly suits you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right with you there Mandy girl - I SO wanted something like this back then. I had a Yardley Pot'O'Gloss, but it was (by comparison) a very tame lilac ♥

      Delete