Tuesday 26 January 2016

EOTD: Australia Day Green & Gold!...

Traditionally I create a green and gold look for this special day, and who am I to break with tradition, especially given that once again this year I wasn't brave enough to tackle a red, white and blue combo! Besides, I DO love these two colours together, and I often combine them throughout the year one way or another. But I tried something a little more experimental this time around - not sure it was all that successful, but hey, what's the point of having a blog if you can't post even the dodgy attempts?


I was going for a kind of a wattle effect, and wanted to use products made by Aussie brands. So I started with Eye of Horus Emerald Tabula Goddess Pencil all over the eye, and waited about 3 minutes for it to set - anyone else wouldn't have to hold off for that long, but my pesky hoods get in the way and end up being smeared with the crayon unless I pause and try not to blink or look up.... 


Anyhoo, once it was safe to proceed, I took my fabbo Mirenesse Secret Weapon 24Hr Eye Liner in Pure Gold, and randomly dabbed it over the top. As you can see the pattern doesn't match, but that's what happens with freestyle painting lol. I used the EOH Emerald on the waterline, took it underneath the lower lashline as well, and smudged it and the outer corner with the built-in sponge.. 


Nice and simple, a bit different, and hopefully sufficiently Aussie enough to pass muster.

Whatever you do with your family or friends, I hope your Australia Day is a special one - keep safe, happy and well lovelies 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. That gold kind of looks like gold leaf on your eyes Kat! I like it. I was going to do Australia Day themed nails, but couldn't be bothered in the end + I'm road-testing another shade for the blog & don't want to take it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit like that hey Shell - glad you like it hon, just about every one of my EOTD's is an experiment, never quite sure how they'll turn out! Looking forward to seeing your latest mani xxx

      Delete
  2. that's actually super pretty! the gold is stunning http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear - it's a beaut liner, just like liquid gold ♥

      Delete
  3. Kat, you're so clever! You've achieved such a beautiful creation, while making it a wearable look xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie honey, you're so kind ♥ Actually I would wear this out, so long as I had on my specs ha ha! ♥x♥

      Delete
  4. I'm a sucker for anything gold and sparkly! Love this look, how creative of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Di - thanks for leaving such a lovely comment hon ♥

      Delete
  5. This looks so effective! I can't believe how good this looks. I absolutely love the effect! I discarded an Australis Metallix eye shadow because it went dappled like this, no matter how much I tried to work it around evenly, it always looked like crackle nail polish. Now I'm wishing I'd tried dabbing it over a darker base colour. I'm jealous at your creativity! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh neurotic, I don't know about my creativity - this is definitely NOT what I had in my head for this look, but it's how it turned out ha ha. Happy you like it though ♥

      Delete