Sunday 28 February 2021

REVIEW: Estée Lauder Pleasures EDP...

Seeing as it's the last day of summer (what summer?) I thought I'd post a review of another of my fairly regular warm weather fragrances - Estée Lauder Pleasures EDP. This is my third bottle and one I plan on always having on my shelf.  I first discovered it back in 2013 when I was gifted with a mini bottle in one of those collection sets. It so reminds me of the very first bottle of perfume I ever owned when I was a spotty teenager - Louise Feraud Justine. I don't know when they stopped making that beauty but it was a long time ago, and Pleasures (created 30 years later) is the closest match I've found so far to its refreshing crispness ...


Close enough for me to classify this as a crystalline (my fave for hot days), this quite potent scent is a white floral perfectly balanced with a fairly hefty whack of greenness that stays right up till the end (around 5 hours later). The formula contains Freesia, Violet (love!), Tuberose, Red Berries, Lily-of-the-Valley, Peony, Lilac, Lily, Rose, Geranium, Jasmine and Karo Karounde (unheard of by me but apparently smells like spicy Jasmine). All these precious petal juices are interlaced with a sprinkling of Pink Pepper on a base of Sandalwood, Cedar, Musk and Patchouli. Magnificent ...


The bottle is exquisitely fluid and feminine - plain as can be but with a sensuous curve, the name etched into the glass in a romantic font, and a frosted silver bulb cap. The box is a glorious salmon pink with alternating sheen stripes that sadly don't show up all that well in my pics - ever so pretty though ...


Described on the Estée Lauder website as a sheer, shimmering floral, I totally agree. The green edge stops it from being overly sweet, and the longevity and projection are impressive. Some gals say it smells like soap, others say it reminds them of celery, but I don't get any of that - it conjures up flowers that have been kissed by rain, and I can't think of a better formula for a hot day when something refreshing, revitalising and uplifting is all I want ...


I was lucky enough to pick up this 50ml bottle from Priceline for less than half price (RRP is $110) during a recent sale - in hindsight, I should have gone for the 100ml! But if you ever spot it on sale anywhere, go for it - it's such a pleasure ...

Do you have a favourite Estée Lauder fragrance?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. I feel like this was written just for me. You are trying to make me break my resolve and buy more perfume... hehe.
    You know I really cant think of an Estee lauder perfume that I have tried. Perhaps I never had the pleasure....wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that mean Fawn, although it does look that way lol! Just one to add to your list if anyone asks what you'd like as a pressie in the future ♥

      Delete
  2. OMG, I LOVE violet, too! Plus red berries, lily of the valley, sandalwood, cedar, musk & patchouli! I'm worried about the jasmine & rose notes, which are migraine triggers if they're too dominant. I can cope if they're not too obvious. Are the rose & jasmine notes strong, Kats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi misfortune8 - sorry I missed your comment till now. I can barely detect the rose & jasmine in this concoction - everything is beautifully blended and there's really nothing that stands out. While rose & jasmine don't give me headaches, I tire of the scents very very quickly, so I don't think you'd have a problem with this perfume as I can't even pick them out ♥

      Delete