Saturday 13 February 2016

CONFESSIONS: Of a Body Washaholic (Part 15)...

Well it doesn't seem to matter how many body washes I buy and try, somehow there's always more to be discovered - fortunately! However I think these two may have taken me to the last of the Original Source range - there are others of course (I wish I could find the Mango one), and sadly not all varieties are available in Australia (like Liquorice Scrub, Cherry & Jojoba Oil or Strawberry & Pink Peppercorn) but the remaining fragrances I've found on my treks to various local supermarkets just don't grab me when I give them the sniff test. Still I'm absolutely delighted I kept widening my search area, because these two are beauties ...


You'll find my review of the other four I put to the test here - at the time I declared the Tropical Pineapple as my fave, but it's been well and truly surpassed by the fabulous Lime. If you're a fan of  this particularly zesty citrus fruit, then I have one recommendation - buy the big bottle! I've used about two thirds of the 250ml, but I've already bought the larger size as I'm powering through it, up to four times a week now that summer has finally settled down in Sydney. This zingy concoction is my go-to for the hot days we've been having more or less consistently of late. The uplifting scent is incredibly cooling and refreshing, and I'm delighted that it's all natural, enriched with essential oils, and not tested on animals. Even the colour of it makes me smile, and sets me in a happy mood to start the day ...


The Vanilla & Raspberry was recommended to me by a friend - she got me by saying it smelled like strawberry Freddos (thank you sweetie!). I was a little concerned about the vanilla content as it's not normally a fragrance I go for in the shower, mainly because similarly with chocolate or cocoa scented products, I often don't feel all that fresh and clean afterwards. Anyways I liked the smell when I flipped the lid in Woolies, so it launched itself into my trolley. All I can say is WOW - I wasn't expecting to fall in love, but I'm totally under its spell! Creamy and comforting (yes it does remind me of berry Freddos hon), but my take on it is more like one of those delicious fluffy fruit trifles that come in a huge parfait glass that you wish was never going to end. I hope I can find this in the giant size too as I'm almost out. While I'm loving it this season, I reckon this might become my numero uno in the cooler months when I stash away the lime one, and my preference is for something more warming. According to their website, there's a handwash in this flavour too, although I've not seen it anywhere - boo!...

Both these shower creams are non-drying, use 100% natural fragrances, and are such great value for around $5, even more so when they're on special  - incidentally, Coles have them at the mo' for $2  

Here's hoping my review has made your mouth water ha ha. What's your favourite Original Source body wash scent?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got a hold of the Strawberry Freddo one! :p Definitely my fave, closely followed by the pineapple one. They're on special for $2 at Coles until Tuesday too so a good time to stock up. (well, I would if I weren' on a spending ban dammit)!
    I've seen the lime one on the shelves before but not had a whiff so will do then when grocery shopping tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hon I don't think that $2 (or even several lots of $2) qualifies as a spending ban breaker - think of it as an investment as it will actually save you money!

      Delete
  2. I've tried so many of these & the Vanilla & Raspberry is tied with the Pineapple & Coconut one (which reminds me of piña colada), as my favourite. I love the freshness of the Mint one, but that's not for everybody. I saw the Mango one at the Woolies at Town Hall. I think it's cyclical. I see a new scent, then it disappears, then it reappears. Keep your eyes open. The Original Source body washes are definitely my favourite brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I want to try the pineapple coconut one - only tropical pine in my area, and yes I reckon I've had the mango before, just haven't seen it on the shelves for absolutely ages xxx

      Delete
  3. I love these, such good value. Lime has always been my favourite but the Pineapple one gave it a tilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great Beth - I love pretty much any fragrance that's fresh and zingy ♡x♡

      Delete