Saturday, 27 February 2016

REVIEW: bebe Love EDP...

Another of my blind-buy fragrance adventures - bebe Love EDP. Half price at Chemist Warehouse mid last year - while there was no tester, I thought it was the cutest bottle, and with a name like "Love", I figured it couldn't possibly be offensive. Turned out to be a gem of a scent, and I just haven't gotten around to reviewing it till now. (If you're wondering what's in the pipeline for the coming months, I have five more perfumes lined up on the "to be done" shelf in my blogging HQ!) ♥


I'd seen this SO many times in the store, picked it up and put it down again, dismissing it as a cheapie probably best avoided. Well it just goes to show how wrong impressions can be - this fragrance is really quite beautiful, and I can still smell it on my skin 5 hours later ♥

It's a sweet, slightly fruity floral, and notes include Sicilian Lemon, Pink Freesia, Red Currant, Gardenia, Cyclamen, Wild Raspberry and Guava, sitting on a base of White Amber, Cedar and Musk. Released for Valentine's Day in 2014 by the US fashion retailer (of the same name), it's a fun, flirty and 100% girly fragrance that I tend to wear with more casual outfits, and often give myself a hearty spritz before retiring. It's soft and fresh, and to my nose the gardenia is the standout. Research reveals it first came out in 2013 in a really tacky heart shaped bottle with a rhinestone heart charm dangling from the cap - so glad they revised their packaging as this bottle is curvaceously feminine, and I love the overall "infinity" theme...

It's not going to win any awards or become a classic, but for around $10, it's a sweetheart of a fragrance, and I would buy it again - the longevity alone leaves a lot of other EDP's (that are triple the price) for dead, and this handy 30ml size takes up so little space in my bag ♥

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous bottle & I love the price too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cutey hey neurotic - I think the full price is around $18, but it's nearly always on special at Chemist Warehouse ♥

      Delete
  2. That bottle is gorgeous & the scent sounds interesting/up my alley too. $10, you can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thought too Shell - I figured if it was too whiffy, I could always decant it into my reed diffuser xxx

      Delete
  3. I've never seen that before! Sounds like it lasts for ages, and for that price - bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longevity was a big surprise TP - it's annoying when you spend big bucks and there's nothing to show for it a few hours later, but this one puts them to shame ♥

      Delete
  4. Cute packaging and great to hear that the scent outweighs the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely Beth - I've been lucky of late and haven't come across too many duds, always a gamble when you don't get to test it out first xxx

      Delete