Saturday 5 March 2016

REVIEW: Beyonce Midnight Heat EDP...

My very first Beyonce fragrance, and it's a darling. Thought it would be heady and intense with lots of orchid and maybe violet, but it's actually quite deliciously fruity and fresh, almost tropical. It has patchouli in the base, and the mix of a few precious blooms with plum, star fruit and dragonfruit is both sublime and inspired. Sort of sensual and fun at the same time...


Love the flacon shape, reminds me of a genie bottle, plus it's purple, which is what initially caught my eye. There's also sandalwood and amber on the ground floor which gives it pretty good longevity, although some gals say it's gone in 30 minutes - not on my skin though, I get a good 3-4 hours. It starts out quite sweet but settles down within a minute or so, and then the peony and orchid notes come through and balance it all out. There's black tulip listed in the ingredients too, but I have no idea what that smells like. The patchouli gives it a spicy tang but doesn't overpower the fruits or the flowers, so I'm going to categorise it as an oriental fruit floral - sounds a bit of an odd mix, but it definitely works 


In summary it's a sexy perfume, but not seductive enough to exclude it from office wear. I find it especially entrancing to wear to bed - it has quite a calming and soothing effect, and yet it has sense stirring qualities too. I don't normally go for fragrances that contain patchouli - so often they smell like incense, but the blend here is so well balanced, it simply smells delish. This EDP is quite strong at first, but mellows quickly, and stays mellow and almost woody for the next few hours. Despite being what I'd call "warm", the fruit content makes it wearable all year round. This is one I'll be buying again 

Do you have any Beyonce perfumes in your collection? Would love to hear which one is your favourite...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. I don't have any of her perfumes in my stash...then again I don't tend to go for celebrity fragrances. That said I think I might make an exception for Katy Perry's Royal Revolution at some stage...it's blue & it smells nice IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shell, I used to avoid celeb perfumes like the plague - they all smelled the same to me, but there's a few I just love now, by Kylie, Britney and Beyonce, and you MUST pick up Royal Revolution, it's really lovely. I only wear it in Winter because it's pretty potent ♥

      Delete
  2. Oooh this sounds really nice, Beyonce does have a few gems, I have wild orchid and I absolutely love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Monique, I succumbed to Wild Orchid too lol - it's on my bench for review soon ♡

      Delete